Trump asks Supreme Court for emergency order to keep billions of dollars in foreign aid frozen

Washington (AP) – Trump Management on Monday Supreme Court Keeping billions of dollars for an emergency order external aid frozen.
The essence of the legal struggle is over $ 5 billion in the congress -approved assistance, which President Donald Trump said last month.
Last week, US regional judge Amir Ali decided that the decision of the Republican administration to keep the financing of the financing was probably illegal.
Trump, home speaker Mike Johnson, R-La. external aidCutting the budget effectively before passing through the legislature.
He used what is known A pocket cancellation. At that time, a president offers a request to the Congress towards the end of a current budget year in order not to spend the approved money. The late notification means that the Congress cannot move on demand in the required 45 -day window and the money is not liquidated.
Ali said the Congress should approve the cancellation offer to prevent the administration to keep the money.
The Law wrote, not the president’s transferring a special message – it is clear that the congress is a congress action, ”the law wrote.
After the Federal Appeal Judges Panel refused to block Ali’s decision, the administration returned to the Supreme Court.
The lawyers of the Ministry of Justice said that a federal judge last month will be spent before the end of the financial year on September 30th.
The case has been setting out in the courts for months.
The non -profit organizations that have sued the government have broken the federal law and Turn off your financing For even the most urgent life -saving programs abroad.
___
Follow the scope of the AP’s US Supreme Court https://apnews.com/hub/us-supreme-court.



