google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Trump says ‘Board of Peace’ members pledged over $5 billion for Gaza ‘humanitarian and reconstruction efforts’ | World News

US President Donald Trump announced on Sunday that member states of the ‘Peace Board have pledged more than $5 billion in aid for humanitarian aid and reconstruction efforts in Gaza. This statement came ahead of the important meeting planned to be held on Thursday, February 19.

The announcement came after Trump signed the charter to launch the ‘Peace Board’ initiative at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 22. Trump has previously described the body as potentially “the most prestigious body ever created.”

Trump also stated in his post on the Truth Social platform that the meeting will be held in Washington DC.

Add Zee News as Preferred Source

“On February 19, 2026, I will be joined again by Peace Board Members at the Donald J. Trump Peace Institute in Washington, DC, where we will announce that Member States have committed more than $5 BILLION towards Gaza Humanitarian Assistance and Reconstruction efforts,” the US President said. he said.

He also added that member countries “deployed thousands of personnel to the International Stabilization Force and Local Police to ensure the security and peace of Gazans” and asserted that “Hamas must fulfill its commitment to Complete and Immediate Demilitarization.”

Trump said the Peace Board was inaugurated last month in Davos, Switzerland, with two dozen founding members and described it as having “limitless potential.”

He claimed that the plan he announced in October to permanently end the conflict in Gaza was unanimously accepted by the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).

“The Peace Board will prove to be the most important International Organization in history, and it is my honor to serve as its President,” Trump said.

Trump’s Gaza ‘Peace Plan’

Previously, on January 26, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt stated that 20 more countries “registered to join US President Donald Trump’s Peace Board”, but did not announce the names of the new members.

The initiative stemmed from the US president’s 20-point Gaza ceasefire plan approved by the UN Security Council, but has since expanded beyond its original scope. Administration officials said about 35 countries have pledged to participate, while 60 countries have received invitations; Trump suggested the new body could take on tasks currently undertaken by the United Nations.

Many European allies refused to participate, citing concerns about the body’s expanded mandate and impact on the international system under the UN Charter.

Countries seeking permanent membership must contribute US$1 billion, while non-paying members will receive a three-year term, according to a copy of the charter seen in the media. The statute also designated Trump as permanent president even after he leaves office.

(with ANI entries)

Also check: ‘Air strikes will be stopped on election day in Ukraine’: Russian Minister

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button