Trump’s U.S. Attorney Drops Bombshell In Court On Comey Indictment
Interim U.S. attorney Lindsey Halligan’s grand jury, convened to indict former FBI Director James Comey, never reviewed a full copy of the final indictment against him, Justice Department lawyers revealed in court Wednesday.
The statement came during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Alexandria, Virginia, as Comey sought to drop charges of lying to Congress and obstructing justice. Comey alleges that because of Trump’s long-standing and public hostility towards him, he is being prosecuted vindictively and selectively by the president and yes men at the Justice Department, such as Attorney General Pam Bondi. Comey also argues that Halligan was never legally appointed to the position of attorney.
Policy: Trump Strips Retirement Benefits from Some Service Members
According to CNN, federal prosecutors told Judge Michael Nachmanoff on Wednesday that Halligan did not present a new indictment to grand jurors, but only an amended version of the indictment, after the grand jury did not approve all charges against Comey.
Advertising
Advertising
Comey’s attorney, Michael Dreeben, told Nachmanoff that this showed “no indictment had been returned” and that the statute of limitations for charging Comey had already expired.
The judge told prosecutors they had until 5 p.m. to file a response explaining why Halligan did not present full and complete charges against Comey to the grand jury.
This is an evolving story. Please check back for updates.




