google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Australia

Tyrone Munro stood down from NRL over domestic violence charges

The NRL has imposed the no-fault stop rule on Tyrone Munro after the South Sydney winger was charged with domestic violence offences.

Police charged Munro with multiple domestic violence offenses (assault occasioning actual bodily harm, stalking/intimidation with intent to inflict fear or bodily harm, and common assault) for an alleged incident near Homebush earlier this year.

Munro’s lawyer, Elias Tabchouri, said his client would plead not guilty when the matter was brought up in Burwood Local Court on Thursday.

“The National Rugby League (NRL) has advised South Sydney Rabbitohs player Tyrone Munro to be subject to the Perfect Standing requirement under the NRL Rules,” the NRL said in a statement.

“NRL is aware that on 14 October 2025 New South Wales Police charged Munro with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and stalking or intimidation with intent to create fear of physical or mental harm.

“The decision should in no way be construed as an opinion on the player’s innocence or guilt. Under this stipulation, Munro is not permitted to participate in NRL competition or related competitions.”

South Sydney’s Tyrone Munro.Credit: NRL Pictures

The no-fault stay rule applies to players facing charges that carry a maximum prison sentence of 11 years or more, although the NRL has discretion to apply it to cases that do not meet the threshold.

Munro is thought to be a rising star but it remains to be seen if and when he could make 19 NRL appearances.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button