RTÉ says Ireland will not be part of Eurovision 2026 if Israel participates | Eurovision

Ireland’s national publisher RTé, Israel participant decided not to participate in the Eurovision song contest next year.
RTé is the second of the 37 publishers who participated in the next year.
The publisher said in a statement, “Israel’s participation continues, Ireland will not take part in the 2026 Eurovision Song Contest and the final decision on Ireland’s participation will be made after Ebu’s decision,” he said.
“RTé thinks that the participation of Ireland in Gaza will be indisputable, considering the terrible loss of life in Gaza. RTé is deeply concerned with the targeted murder of journalists in Gaza and the rejection of access to the region and the state of the remaining hostages.”
The decision will raise questions about the duty of being neutral as a public service news organization.
Slovenia’s national publisher RTVSlo said that he will participate in the next year’s competition only if Israel is not included.
This week, the Spanish Culture Minister said that Spain should not participate. In an interview with the Spanish TV program Monday La Hora de la 1Ernest Ortasun said: “We wanted Israel to be fired from Eurovision [earlier this year]”He said.
The Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Vienna next May and the world’s second largest TV event with more than 160 million viewers.
However, the protests in the last two years in Malmö and Basel forced the organizers in Geneva to offer a way out to publishers who feel strong about the war.
Normally, the publishers have to say that they will not participate in Ebu until October, but this year was pushed to December, a consultant was appointed to work forward with publishers and a potential vote for the participation of Israel.
Publishers, including RTé and Nordic TV stations, normally begin election competitions in autumn, which now puts the administration under pressure.
Martin Green, the director of the song contest, said: uz We understand the concerns around the ongoing conflict in the Middle East and have deep opinions. We are discussing participation and geopolitical tensions around the Eurovision song contest and whether they want to participate in the competition.
Israel’s national public service publisher Kan threatened with privatization by Benjamin Netanyahu The accusations are very leftist, He already decided to join.
Ortasan added: “What I can say is that if Israel joins and if we fail to throw it, then we will have to take steps. [such as withdrawing]. I don’t think we can normalize Israel’s participation in international forums as if nothing happened. “
In May, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez called Israel to withdraw from the Eurovision Song Contest and said that Russia should have the same standards on the war in Gaza as it exceeded the occupation of Ukraine.
Sánchez, one of the most obvious oral international critics of Israel’s war in Gaza, accelerated his discourse on Monday and accused Netanyahu’s government by emek destroying a vulnerable person ”and“ killing innocent men and girls with hunger ”.
Guardian asked if he would participate in more than 20 publishers. Many of them, including BBC, sent the question back to Abu.
Spanish publisher RTve said that he would not comment on whether this will participate.
Stefán Jón Hafstein, President of Icelandic National Publisher RUV, said he would not decide until the end of the consultation process.
Finish publisher Yle said that he was “completely focused on the process of finding a song and started the process in August.
Yle Culture and Real Content Director Johanna Tön-Mangs said that the competition is “an important activity for both the Finnish Music Industry and the audience, but it is in Gaza’s mind.
“We hope to put an end to the tragic and sincere pain in Gaza. Israel’s participation in Eurovision was an important discussion in Finland,” he said.
Swedish publisher SVT said he was in contact with Abu.




