google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Who abducted Nancy Guthrie? Search grows desperate a week after her kidnapping

A week after Nancy Guthrie was kidnapped from her Tucson home, investigators spent the weekend searching at least two homes as more details about the ransom note emerged.

The frantic search occurred when Nancy’s daughter, NBC News anchor Savannah Guthrie, issued a second video appeal to the kidnappers. Sources told The Times that the ransom note appeared credible because it included details about the specific property damaged and the placement of an accessory in the home.

The Times did not review the memo, but sources said he was seeking millions of dollars for his return.

On Saturday, Savannah Guthrie issued a new video appeal to her mother’s kidnappers, saying “we will pay” for her safe return.

“We received your message and we understand,” Guthrie said in the new video released Saturday afternoon. He sat next to his brother and sister. “We now ask you to return our mother to us, so we can celebrate with her. This is the only way we can have peace. It is very dear to us, and we will pay the price.”

Authorities were at Nancy Guthrie’s home and another family member’s property again this weekend, sources said. They also removed Guthrie’s car from his home. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment publicly.

No one has been named as a suspect or suspect.

Guthrie was last seen by his family just after 9.45pm last Saturday; authorities said this matched the opening and closing of the garage door that night.

About four hours later, at 1:47 a.m., authorities said the doorbell camera was disconnected. An empty frame for a camera had previously attracted attention in his home.

Then at 2:12 a.m., security camera software at Guthrie’s home detected a person or an animal on one of the home’s cameras, but Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said they were unable to recover that footage and did not know which camera recorded the movement.

About 15 minutes later, at 2:28 a.m., Nancy’s pacemaker app showed that it had been disconnected from the phone, Nanos said. Apparently this was exactly when he left his house, because his phone was left behind.

Just before noon on Sunday, his family went to check on him when he didn’t show up for church. Nanos said they noticed she was missing and immediately called 911.

Authorities said a few days ago that the kidnappers did not present any “proof of life”. But Nanos said Thursday that authorities believe he is still alive.

Heith Janke, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Phoenix division, told TMZ and a local TV station in Tucson that the letter had an initial deadline of 5 p.m. Thursday and included a second request for a deadline of Monday. He declined to say what was demanded at each deadline or whether there was a threat if the deadlines were not met.

On Friday, the fifth day of Guthrie’s disappearance, Arizona news outlet KOLD reported He received a new note from the alleged kidnapper. The station did not report details of the new letter but said “the new note contains information that the senders believe will prove to investigators that they are the same people who sent the first note.”

Nancy Guthrie’s children are trying to publicly communicate with the kidnappers.

His son, Camron Guthrie, released a statement. video On Thursday afternoon, around the original deadline for the ransom letter, I was pleading with the kidnapper.

“Whoever is holding our mother there, we want to hear from you,” he said. “We haven’t heard anything directly. We need you to reach out and we need a way to contact you so we can move forward.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button