Pro-Hamas message painted over Fitzroy billboard on anniversary of October 7 attacks
“Responsible people must face the full power of the law. AFP will work with the Victorian police to take them to justice.”
Deputy Prime Minister Richard Marles, Defense Minister Richard Marles, labeled the graffiti attack on Tuesday morning as “embarrassing” and “deeply attacker”.
“Today, this day can only be something, and this is a commemoration and commemoration day. It is a serious day and it is clear that it is clearly embarrassing, and we must be a society that looks at each other, and we must be clearly a society that looks at each other, and this is clearly a message of division.”
When asked whether Graffiti would be treated as a terrorist act, Marles said he was not sure, but he added that he had no doubt.
“Hamas is a terrorist organization. Hamas was responsible for the terrorist attack that took place two years ago and died of 1200 innocent people.
“I definitely think that there are people who feel threatened in our society today and I think… A matter of concern for the government. As we encounter actions of anti -Semitism, we do everything we can to stand by the Jewish community.
Graffiti is painted on the Officeworks wall in Fitzroy.
“We must be a country that looks at each other, and we must be a part of being a multicultural society with all the diversity and wealth that comes with, and it should be a care that we have for each other. [billboard] is a division message. This is not a message designed to maintain the maintenance of others in our community. And this is partly a shameful message for every moment, especially for this day. “
Vandals accused of turning the Australians to each other
Alex Ryvchin, Chairman of the Australian Jews, said that graffiti attacks explained the “vicious line geçen passing through our country.
“As it is predictable,” he said.
Orum I believe that we are a good person and a good country with an overwhelming majority, but there are those who have fun in bloodshed and support terrorism, and this is something I think should shock all Australians.
“We need to unite us in the struggle, because it is completely disrespectful that it is a element that thinks and moves in our society in this way.”
Alex Ryvchin is the CEO of the Executive Council of the Australian Jews.Credit: James Brickwood
Ryvchin added that those responsible for vandalism intend to divide society and that such behaviors are normalized.
Orum I think that people who do this know exactly what they do, ”he said. “They want to provoke the reaction. They want to turn against a group of Australians against the other … Such behaviors have become routine and normalized and largely there is a great impunity.
Loading
Prime Minister Jacinta Allan said that the words drawn on the advertising board were aggressive and that “every effort” was made to remove it.
ABC Melbourne told me, “This is not in the spirit of peace.
Caulfield deputy David Southwick said that the words with plastered on the advertising board “trigger” for the Jewish community of Australia.
“People are beyond belief to glorify a terrorist organization in Melbourne, Abc said Abc Melbourne.
“We have laws – it needs to be used.
A pro -Palestinian protest on August 24. Activists plan to walk through Melbourne on Tuesday evening.Credit: Wayne Taylor
Fitzroy natives were disappointed by ‘terrible’ graffiti
The natives last, vandalism, “disappointment,” said the vandals have previously targeted this Billboard, he added. A person who does not want to take a name said: “To see is very terrible.”
The police are investigating both Fitzroy and said in a statement: “There is absolutely no place for anti -Semitic or hate -based symbols and behaviors in our society.”
The employees of the Yarra Municipal Assembly visited the stage on Tuesday morning and photographed the graffiti.
A poster poured into a pedestrian overpass in the Bell Street in Preston carries the message “Glory for martyrs”. Credit: Nine news
In the north, in the nearby Preston, a poster with the phrase “Glory” to the martyrs “hanging above a pedestrian overpass in Bell Street next to the Palestinian flag.
The events coincide with the second anniversary of the October 7, 2023 attacks, where Hamas militants killed 1200 people and took 250 hostages.
In contrast, Israel has launched a two -year violent campaign that has predicted 67,000 Palestinians. The UN Commission labeled Israel’s actions in Gaza as genocide.
Loading
On Tuesday, the opposition leader Sussan Ley said the graffiti was “deeply disturbing ve and called for the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organization to help the police follow the vandals.
“Hamas is a terrorist organization listed in Australia.
“Those who are responsible must face all the power of the law. Victorians deserve to feel safe in their own societies.”
Albania called for “good human behavior” to mark the anniversary of the attacks on Tuesday.
“[Tuesday] It’s not a day for demonstrations ..
Allan said that the planned protest in Melbourne on Tuesday was “unacceptable”.
“There shouldn’t be a day about the protest today, AB said ABC Melbourne. “Today, this terrible terrorist attack dated October 7, 2023, and a day to stop with our community leaning what happened to you.”
Start the day with a summary of the most important and interesting stories, analysis and insight of the day. Sign up to our Morning Edition Bulletin.


