Child killer Lucy Letby’s parents blast Netflix documentary for’ invading their privacy’

Lucy Letby’s parents have described a new documentary that used footage of the nurse’s arrest in their home in her pajamas as a “complete invasion of privacy”.
In their first public statement, Susan and John Letby claimed the senior investigating officer in the case against their daughter “appeared to harbor a deep hatred” of them.
The former neonatal nurse is Britain’s most prolific child serial killer, convicted of murdering seven babies and attempting to murder seven others at the Countess of Chester Hospital between 2015 and 2016.
But calls for a retrial are growing as the 36-year-old’s legal team raises significant questions about the safety of his conviction.
The trailer for ‘The Investigation of Lucy Letby’, which will be released on Netflix on Wednesday, includes previously unreleased footage of the police officer arriving at her family’s home to arrest Letby.
Letby was arrested three times. In the first incident, he was taken out of his home in July 2018 wearing a blue tracksuit.
But on this occasion, in 2019, they are seen entering Letby’s bedroom, where she sits confused on the bed, before officers tell her that she has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
As he was escorted out by police officers in his dressing gown, he was heard telling others: “Don’t look, just go in.”
Letby’s parents said they would not watch the documentary and feared it would turn their home into a “tourist attraction”.
they said Sunday Times“It is heartbreaking to see previous programs about Lucy, including Panorama, showing her being led out in handcuffs in a blue tracksuit almost every night.
“But this Netflix documentary is on another level. We had no idea they were using footage in our home. We won’t watch it, it would probably kill us if we did.”
“However, in his bedroom at home, we came across photos of him being arrested and saying goodbye to one of his beloved cats, which are even sadder. God knows how much more there is to show.
“This is all happening in the house we’ve lived in for 40 years. A little cul-de-sac in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. This is a complete invasion of privacy that we wouldn’t have known anything about if Lucy’s lawyer hadn’t told us.”
They added: “What we go through every day is nothing compared to what Lucy goes through, but we still have to live here. Will our house become a tourist attraction like Lucy’s house in Chester? We’ll find out the next day when it’s all plastered in the papers and the news is full of it.”
During his trial, Letby claimed that he was taken to the police station in his pajamas. However, this was disputed by the prosecution, who accused him of trying to gain the jury’s sympathy.
Dame Esther Rantzen this week joined calls for a re-examination of the evidence against Letby.
Rantzen, who was diagnosed with incurable lung cancer in 2018, said after the new images: “This week, a photo of Lucy Letby being arrested while she was in her bedroom was published. However, when she explained that she was taken to the police station in her pajamas, the prosecution claimed that this was not true and that she had made up this detail to create sympathy for herself. However, the prosecution was wrong. This was not a fabrication. It was real.”
Meanwhile, MP David Davis, who called for Letby’s retrial, said: Times Radio his original case was a “confirmatory bias application”.
The documentary came after it was announced that the child serial killer would no longer face any charges for infant deaths and collapses in two hospitals where he worked.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it reviewed the evidence following an investigation into allegations of murder and attempted murder of nine children in 2025, but concluded “the evidentiary test was not met in any of these cases”.
In a rare move, Cheshire Constabulary publicly opposed the decision, saying it was “not the outcome we expected throughout our investigation”.
Letby has always maintained her innocence. His case is currently being reviewed by the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) after his legal team compiled reports from a team of leading neonatologists and concluded that no crime had been committed.
Netflix and Cheshire Police have been contacted for comment. Investigation Lucy Letby It is scheduled to be released on Netflix on February 4.




