Antoinette Lattouf says court case exposed ‘systemic racism at the ABC’
Journalist Antoinette Lattouf, journalists, “ABC decay and systemic racism” against the national publisher was exposed to an illegal termination case, he said.
Ms. Lattouf was taken in December 2023 after sharing a letter about the war in Gaza with the title of “HRW’s hunger as a means of war” about the war in Gaza for a five -day daily as a presentation for ABC Radio Sydney.
His lawyers argue that the external pressure of pro -Israeli lobbyists, as well as his political opinion and/or race, plays a role in the decision.
ABC rejected Ms. Lattouf in an illegal termination.
Antoinette Lattouf, ABC’s integrity in court was “destructive”, he said. (ABC News)
Speaking after the closing presentation, Mrs. Lattouf told journalists on Friday, said that he always respected ABC and dreamed of working in the organization.
“Now, to solve your integrity is not a destructive,” Lattouf said.
“This case was never about me, it was never about five days of work, it was about protecting the principles that were important for all of us.
“The caries and systemic racism in ABC have been published, but now it is up to all Australians to ensure that the sunlight does not only reveal, but to ignite a real and lasting change in our national publisher.”
Ms. Lattouf said that the ABC senior management was always open by pro-Israeli lobbyists to “reality to a false and unfounded e-mail campaign”.
Antoinette Lattouf says ABC should be stronger against external pressure. (ABC News: Jak Rowland)
ABC said that it should be stronger and better and should “not endure the wood in the first smell of the first print”.
“Sunlight is the best disinfectant and the tremendous wage it is on me, because I searched for justice because human rights and accountability are important,” he said.
ABC argues that Lattouf is ‘doing something that is said not to do’
ABC’s lawyer Ian Neil SC began closing presentations, saying that the case was not related to the “statements of political opinion” and “an unfair dismissal case”.
Justice Darryl Rangah, former ABC President Ita Buttrose and Outgoing General Manager David Anderson’s interest in the content of Mr. Neil’s political view of the “at least controversial,” he said.
Mr. Neil also said that when ABC was removed from the air, he did not punish Mrs. Lattouf and was “designed to protect ABC, to punish the employee.”
Ms. Lattouf’s lawyers argued that contrary to a clear direction not to publish, advised “low -profile keeping” on social media.
Ian Neil SC says that Antoinette Lattouf was taken from the air because he ignored the instructions. (ABC News: Jak Rowland)
Former manager Elizabeth Green, at the beginning of this month, the Federal court said that he did not see his speech with Mrs. Lattouf as a ‘direction’.
He also accepted evidence that Ms. Lattouf will be appropriate to publish information from a “respected organization” or a “confirmed source”.
Mr. Neil argued that he had been removed from the air because he ignored the instructions, not because he expressed a political view.
He continued: “He did something to do because he was removed from the air so that he wouldn’t publish anything about the conflict in Israel and Gaza.”
Mr. Neil said.
Lattouf address leak in Australia
ABC’s last statement, while responding, Ms. Lattouf’s lawyer Oshie Fagir, a ‘direction’ by the publisher, “completely confused and contradictory,” he said.
Fagir, “Ultimately, ABC was very incapable of articulation… a consistent concept about which direction and with which terms it is given.” He said.
During the evidence at the beginning of this month, it turned out that Mr. Anderson had a message to Chris Oliver Taylor, an outgoing ABC head content manager: “I think we have an antoinette problem” and “social the social is full of anti -Semitic hatred”.
David Anderson gave evidence in the federal court. (AAP: Bianca de marchi)
In ABC’s Friday’s presentation, his lawyers said that Mrs. Lattouf’s social media is full of “antisemitic hate”, a perfect reasonable objective real expression in which the magistrate challenge.
“If there was evidence that ABC had a deep partisan view in this regard and that he was an enemy to the views of Ms. Lattouf,” Fagir said to the court.
The court heard that the Australian newspaper had asked ABC questions about Antoinette Lattouf before saying that the Australian newspaper would be removed from the air in December 2023.
Ms. Lattouf’s lawyers argued that the magistrate’s judiciary should explain that ABC provided “sincere details” to the newspaper and that it is responsible for the article.
Mr. Fagir, after the visible leak, the ABC administration said no action was taken.
“ABC’s reputation and integrity may be more damaging than probability … One of the top executives to leak information to the Australian newspaper,” he said.
Ms. Lattouf, in a statement to journalists, “pain and humiliation” when removed from the air, he said.
“ABC was secretly informed to Australia, essentially the attack put their dogs on me.” He said.


