google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Battle of Orgreave national inquiry confirmed by Yvette Cooper

Rachel Russell, David Spereall and James Vincent

BBC News, Yorkshire

Getty images do dozens of, probably hundreds of men run along a large grass patch. Police officers, some can be seen in horses, in the background.Getty Images

Orgreave War was the most bloody day of the strike of miners on 18 June 1984

The government announced in the 1980s that a national investigation will be conducted in one of the most violent days of the strike of miners.

On June 18, 1984, the investigation will look at the clash containing police and miners outside the Orgreave Factory Factory in Rotherham.

The incident, known as the Orgreave War, included miners who had met with miners who met with the facility to try to break the delivery from all over England, but were forcibly welcomed by thousands of police officers.

JoeVe Justice has been calling for an investigation for 13 years. He said it was “careful joyful” by the news.

Describing the investigation, Interior Minister Yette Cooper said that those affected by confrontation were “unanswered questions for more than 40 years”.

The investigation, “last year was put in the Workers’ Manifesto and this is currently delivered,” he said.

A black -and -white image of PA Media miners and police officers, rebellion equipment while walking along a field. PA Media

Striking miners were forcibly welcomed by thousands of police officers during the clashes

He said that he would be the presidency of the bishop of RT Rev Rev Rev Rev Dr Pete Wilcox and that he would look at both the events of the day and then.

This will eventually include the unsuccessful criminal prosecution of 95 miners and what Ms. Cooper describes as “discredit evidence” against them.

The incident was fired after the National Board of Coal (NCB) announced that it closed 20 British parcels in March 1984.

This caused at least 20,000 jobs.

More than three quarters of the country’s 187,000 miners began to strike in response to the announcement.

On the day of the clashes in June, striking miners wanted to stop the trucks carrying the coke to feed the SCunthorpe steel ovens, as they thought that breaking production would help to win their struggles against closing and business losses.

PA Media is a black and white image of a bent sign, concrete poles and a broken wall after violence outside the smelling plant in Orgreave, Orgreave.PA Media

Orgreave War is considered one of the most severe parts of the British industry history

However, violent conflicts between the police and miners were injured in more than 100 collection and smelling the officer.

A total of 95 men selected at the facility were arrested and were tried for rebellion and illegal charges.

However, the case against them collapsed in court for allegedly falsifying the evidence of the South Yorkshire police.

Most of the concerned, even in 40 years, said what happened and why he wanted answers about him.

It is still considered one of the most severe parts of the British industrial history.

South Yorkshire police said that “the affected people will cooperate with the investigation to help find answers.”

A man standing on a rural path, there are many trees behind him. He wears a black polo shirt carrying a yellow badge that reads 'not coal'. The sunglasses stuck to the top of his shirt.

Joe Rollin of the Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign said that he was “cautiously joyful” by the announcement

Mr. Rollin said: “This has been a long slog for the last 13 years and we can’t believe it.

“We are really happy and we want to reach the truth.

We want all people living in the mining communities that are very ill -treatment for a smile on their faces (in response to news).

“This was a difficult thing and thank everyone who supported us.”

South Yorkshire Mayor Oliver Coppard said the announcement of the investigation was “a turning point for justice and accountability”.

“We owe it to miners, families and communities to finally understand Orgreave events,” he said.

The conservative government previously rejected an investigation.

In 2016, then Interior Minister Amber Rudd said that it would not be in the public interest.

Although they gave “strong accounts” about the permanent impact of the relevant miners themselves, he said, “It is ultimately that there is no death or wrong conviction.”

Rotherham deputy Sarah champion, former miners, families and campaignists to secure an investigation “tired” working, he said.

He said: “Since they were directed to believe that an investigation was about to be assigned, I stopped shoulder to shoulder with campaignists for years, just withdrawing under the carpet.

“They fell over and over again, and I am proud of the fact that our workers’ government is good for the word and will eventually reveal the truth.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button