google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Andrew could be forced to go to Abu Dhabi | Royal | News

A luxury £10million villa in the Middle East could become Andrew Mountbatten Windsor’s preferred retreat as pressure mounts on the former prince. The opulent surroundings are in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and are part of a fortified complex owned by the UAE royal family.

The majestic surroundings and year-round warm weather may appeal to Andrew, 65, who was offered a home by president Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nayhan, whom he met as a student at the prestigious Gordonstoun School. According to the Mail on Sunday, Sheikh Mohamed met Queen Elizabeth II. After Elizabeth’s death, he ordered the renovation of a private villa within the complex. The complex is located near the Emirates Navy’s headquarters, which could be a sore point for Andrew as the Defense Minister confirmed he will be stripped of his Royal Navy honorary vice-admiral rank.

mail on sunday The newly refurbished apartment will reportedly feature six bedrooms, a home theatre, indoor plunge pool and gym surrounded by what the newspaper calls a “young and fun” interior in a “palace-style” home.

The apartments and villas of the complex, known as the Sea Palace, feature taps, light switches and lamps, all decorated in gold, and large kitchens staffed by top chefs.

Andrew Lownie, author of Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York, told the Mail on Sunday that the plush house in Abu Dhabi would be “perfect” for Andrew.

He added: “He would be happy to live somewhere where the media is silenced, where he will still be treated as a senior royal and where he can easily live under the radar. His personal relationships with young women are unlikely to be scrutinized in Abu Dhabi.”

Andrew’s brother, King Charles, sensationally decided to strip his brother of his ranks and the title of prince on Thursday, amid the ongoing Epstein scandal. Andrew’s title of Duke of York has already been removed from the List of Peerages.

Andrew, meanwhile, allegedly routinely refused to sign statements supporting victims of Epstein-related abuse. As part of the announcement, Charles and the Queen shared their “thoughts and utmost sympathies” with the “victims and survivors of all forms of abuse”.

A friend of the King and Camilla told The Sunday Times that references to victims had been removed from all previous statements prepared by courtiers and released by Buckingham Palace since Andrew’s disastrous Newsnight interview in 2019.

Such communication would require Andrew’s signature, the newspaper said.

The former prince denies sexually assaulting the late Virginia Giuffre; Giuffre claims this happened three times, including when she was 17 after she was trafficked by Epstein.

His friend told the newspaper that the King had “lost his patience” and that Andrew’s statement announcing the removal of the titles of prince and Duke of York was “no longer a statement from the committee, but a statement from the King”.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment. Pressure is also mounting for Andrew to testify before a powerful US Congressional committee.

Members of the House Oversight Committee called for the former prince to reveal what he knew about Epstein’s actions.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button