google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Anil Ambani willing to appear virtually after ED summons in FEMA case linked to Jaipur Reengus Highway Project

Anil Ambani on Monday clarified that the Enforcement Directorate (ED) had summoned him only to record his statement in a case under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) related to the Jaipur Ring Road Project. He also expressed his willingness to appear virtually or via a recorded video at a time deemed appropriate by the investigating agency.

According to the statement issued on behalf of Anil Ambani, “ED summons issued to Mr. Anil D. Ambani is only related to recording of his statement. Mr. Anil D. Ambani has offered to make himself available for recording of his statement at any convenient date and time to the ED through virtual appearance/recorded video.”

What is the case about?

The ED has summoned Ambani under FEMA in a 15-year-old case linked to the Jaipur-Reengus (JR) Expressway project. Ambani had previously stated that the case started in 2010 over a dispute involving a road contractor.

That year, Reliance Infrastructure signed an EPC contract for the construction of the Jaipur Ring Road, also called the Jaipur-Reengus Expressway. In the statement, it was stated that this project is completely domestic and does not involve foreign currency. JR Toll Road is fully constructed and is under the management of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) since 2021.

The ED had temporarily attached more than 42 properties belonging to Reliance Anil Ambani Group. 3,083 crore in connection with various sections of the PMLA Act. These assets consist of 30 Reliance Infrastructure properties, 5 Adhar Property Consultancy Private properties, 4 Mohanbir Hi-tech Build Private properties, 1 each of Gamesa Investment Management Private, Vihaan43 Realty Private and one Campion Properties property, the agency said in a statement on November 3.

In the same statement, ED said: “A separate search and seizure operation under FEMA in the case of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd 40 crore has been withdrawn from the Jaipur-Reengus highway project. The funds were moved to Dubai through shell companies based in Surat. The trail revealed a wider international hawala network. 600 crore.”

On November 14, Ambani clarified that the emergency call was solely linked to the FEMA investigation and denied media allegations of the PMLA connection.

According to a statement issued on behalf of Anil Ambani, “The ED summons issued to Mr. Anil D. Ambani, contrary to false reports in the media, relate to a FEMA investigation and not to any matter under the PMLA. As per ED’s official press release dated November 3, 2025, the matter relates to a FEMA case related to the Jaipur-Reengus highway project.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button