google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Armed police guarding King Charles ‘fall asleep on the job’ | Royal | News

Armed police officers guarding King Charles at Windsor Castle are being investigated for allegedly falling asleep. Up to 30 people from the Met’s Crown and Specialist Protection team are under investigation for misconduct.

It was also claimed that some of them took office but later did not return to their duties. The Royal Family, including the King, have been informed of the investigation. By the end of next week the Met’s Professional Standards Directorate will make a decision on whether any officers will be suspended.

A. The source told The Sun:: “I have heard of an allegation that someone came on duty and then failed to report for duty. This is not only embarrassing for the police but also reveals a possible security breach.

“These are serious allegations that could lead to officers being suspended from duty and investigated for misconduct and negligence.”

Buckingham Palace confirmed it had been informed of the investigation but declined to comment.

The Met, led by Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley, said in a statement: “Our Professional Standards Directorate has launched an urgent investigation following concerns raised about the behavior of some police officers performing protective duties at Windsor Castle.

“Allegations include officers leaving off duty and sleeping while on duty. The alleged behavior falls short of the high standards expected of officers, particularly in frontline protective roles.

“The Independent Police Conduct Office was notified and concluded that this matter will be investigated locally by the Met.

“As part of its investigations, DPS is assessing whether any of those investigated should be reassigned to restricted duty. A decision on this is expected before the end of next week.”

Windsor Castle is located within Thames Valley Police, but security is provided by the Royal Family and the Specialist Protection team.

Its officers are stationed at the entrances and exits of the fort and across 655 acres of land.

It comes after Hello! On 3 May it was reported that the King’s “mysterious” bodyguard had resigned after years of service.

The security chief, whose name the Palace has not publicly disclosed, completed his final duty during the King and Queen’s state visit to the United States earlier this year.

He provided close protection to the monarch during the historic visit, which was held with heavy security measures following the shooting incident at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 25.

The bodyguard has become an internet sensation, mainly due to his distinguished beard.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button