google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Countdown champion heard ‘growling’ before lunging across table to stab rival, court told

A man heard “wheezing” moments before allegedly stabbed by a countdown champion in the Fan Club tournament of the TV exam.

31 -year -old John Cowen is said to run into a room with a knife and a jury flocked to a table to attack his rival Thomas Carey.

Prosecutor Rosalind Scott Bell, the incident last year on September 14 Channel 4 TV exam former contestants and fans to play each other to play the Focal County Countdown group, he said.

CCTV images Cowen captured Lancashire, Blackpool Wainwright Social Club entered the room, shorter than 11.30 hours after the Preston Crown Court was shown to the jury.

At that time, he was in the club’s function room, including Mr. Carey.

Mrs. Scott Bell said: “The defendant had a knife in the left hand.

“Mr. Carey sees and then goes into a run and goes directly for him. The defendant flocked directly to Mr. Carey, his left hand.

“Mr. Carey returned to the seat behind him and you can remove him while trying to kick him towards the defendant.

“Mr. Carey later took the defendant’s wrist to stop the attack. He was stabbed until then.

“For a short time, he will only tell you how he heard how he was at the Wainwright club.”

John Cowen took part in the countdown at 2017

John Cowen took part in the countdown at 2017 (Channel 4)

Cowen was pulled by others in the room and the police were restricted to the ground before they were called.

Mr. Carey was treated in the hospital for a knife wound for the left market.

When Cowen was arrested, he was searched and found another kitchen knife in his pocket, the court heard.

Ms. Scott Bell said that the alleged victim is a member of the fan club since 2011 and knows Cowen from other countdown incidents.

Cowen was not in court because the jury members were told to be “serious mentally comfortable” and in the hospital.

Judge Guy Mathieson said that Cowen decided that he was not suitable for the trial and that the jury was a hearing to find a fact that they would be asked to determine whether he did the actions as allegedly allegedly.

Cowen from MoreCambe is accused of injury in a public place and having a twice -poultry article.

In 2017, it appeared when the third highest total of the series, which was a contestant, including nine -letter word spread.

Finally, before being defeated, he won eight competitions in a row and competed more than 11 episodes.

Mr. Carey, a former countdown champion who gave evidence, said that he had heard Cowen half eerie, semi -screaming ”before he saw Cowen holding a knife.

He said: “He was pushing people and tables to move towards me.

“He came to me with a knife and then stabbed me in his arm. I immediately got in his arm and asked for help.”

The jury members were told that some participants in unofficial tournaments organized in a monthly basis used an application to implement the game online.

Jonathan Llyly asked Mr. Carey who defended: “Mr. Cowen, did he say that the people who use this application are not aware of?” He asked.

Mr Carey said, “I don’t remember.”

Mr. Llyly said: “Can you remember that people think they are using the application and feel that they are deceived?” He said.

Mr. Carey said, “Yes, at some point, he said something like that.” He said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button