China set to open security forum amid regional tensions
By Greg Torode
Hong Kong (Reuters) -China will try to increase the latest strategic diplomacy and power projection efforts as it hosts the annual security forum this week.
Foreign diplomats and security analysts say that Chinese authorities expect the vision of the international order of the Beijing Xiangshan forum to call the international order of “hegemonism and power policies” in the United States.
According to China’s official Xinhua news agency, approximately 1,800 representatives from 100 countries, including officials, military personnel and academics, will participate in the three -day event opened on Wednesday.
For some foreign representatives, especially from Western and neighboring countries, seminars and network formation, China’s developing military modernization and the chance to collect more details about the opaque leadership of the People’s Liberation Army, the world’s largest armed force.
“We can be sure that foreign participants in Xiangshan will try to get more technical information about some arms systems from PLA,” James, a Chinese security scholar at S. Rajaratnam School of S. Rajaratnam International Research. He said.
China, at the September 3 Military Crossing ceremony, exhibited a new weapon, including hypersonic weapons, large submersible drones and a long -range nuclear missile, while analysts say whether they are operational and how effective they will be in a conflict.
More than a dozen generals – many of them close to XI – have been liquidated from PLA in the last two years, and diplomats say that the event has a better idea of the exact command structure within the military commission, especially within the military commission.
This week, the third and most advanced aircraft carrier in the controversial South China Sea trials and the Typhon missile system in Okinaawa, Japanese and US exercises, a high-powerful ship is particularly important in the midst of fusing tensions and disagreements in East Asia, marked with anti-grammar anti-Nesia.
Diplomats will send relatively low-level delegations of the West and Allied soldiers and prefer to keep the annual Shangri-La dialogue in Singapore as the most important informal security conference of the region.
A Pentagon spokesman said the US would send the defense attachment from the Embassy in Beijing. Last year, Washington sent the assistant assistant assistant assistant assistant, but the Pentagon leadership Ataşein determined that the “appropriate level of representation”.
Singapore Defense Minister Chan Chun Sing and Malaysian counterpart Mohamed Khaled Nordin, officials in both countries continue, while the South Korean Defense Ministry spokesman said that an official from Korea National Defense University, operated by the State spokesman, said.
According to state media reports, the Chinese Ministry of Defense confirmed delegations from Russia, France, Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and Vietnam.
(Reporting by Greg Torode in Hong Kong and Beijing Newsroom;



