HYDRAA Clears 450 sq yd Park Encroachment

Hyderabad:HYDRAA officials on Wednesday took back 450 square meters of park land at Sai Ganesh Nagar in Karmanghat following complaints from residents about illegal construction in the designated open space.
In 1979, in the settlement plan consisting of 176 parcels, the land was reserved for the park. Recently several people started building a room on the site and allegedly threatened locals who questioned them. Following the complaints, HYDRAA officials inspected the area and after verifying the records, confirmed that the structure was not registered with the sub-registry office. A bulldozer was deployed to demolish the illegal wall and structure and return the land to its original purpose.
BTech student died in accident
Hyderabad:A 22-year-old engineering student died after being hit by an autorickshaw in Narkuda village of Shemshabad on Tuesday evening.
According to Shamshabad police, deceased Ramatenki Siddarth, a final year BTech student at Vardhman Engineering College in Kacharam, was staying with his friends in a rented room in Narkuda. At around 18.20 on Tuesday, he left his room on his motorcycle and headed towards the university. Police said that at around 6.35 pm, shortly after passing a roadside hotel in Narkuda, his vehicle was hit by an autorickshaw coming from the wrong direction and reportedly driven in a rash and negligent manner. Siddarth and his friend A, Rohith, who were sitting behind, fell down and were seriously injured.
Both were immediately transferred to a private hospital in Shamshabad for treatment. As Siddarth’s condition was critical, he was later shifted to Kamineni Hospital in LB Nagar. He died from the injuries he received while receiving treatment at around 21:00 on Tuesday.
Shamshabad inspector K. Narender Reddy said police registered a case against the tram driver following a complaint from Siddarth’s relative. Siddarth’s body was taken to Osmaniye morgue for autopsy. Further investigation is ongoing.
45-year-old man dies by suicide in Mailardevpally
Hyderabad:A 45-year-old man died by suicide at Laxmiguda in Mailardevpally late on Saturday night due to personal and family problems, police said.
According to Mailardevpally Inspector P. Narender, deceased Naushad and his wife Khatun, both natives of Bihar, had migrated to Hyderabad and were living in Laxmiguda for several years. The couple had eight children, five sons and three daughters, and they supported the family with daily wages.
“Naushad was under severe stress as family responsibilities increased and he had also developed a drinking habit. He had been facing personal and family problems for some time,” said Inspector Narender.
Police said around midnight on Saturday, Naushad told his wife that he could not cope with the ongoing problems. He was found dead in his room a few hours later.
While his body was taken to Osmaniye Hospital morgue for autopsy, the incident was recorded. A detailed investigation into the incident continues.
The driver who carried 24 children in the car was fined
Hyderabad:A viral video is doing the rounds in which children are seen getting out of an overcrowded car one by one during a vehicle check drive in Nagarkurnool district. The presence of a total of 24 children inside the vehicle triggered outrage from citizens and revived concerns about the unsafe transportation of schoolchildren through the town.
Nagarkurnool traffic police sub-inspector Kalyan told Deccan Chronicle: “The vehicle carrying school children was stopped for checking. We were shocked to see 24 children gathered inside the car.”
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, the permissible limit for an autorickshaw is 1+5 children or 1+4 adults. The faulty driver was detained and a fine of 3,500 thousand liras was imposed in accordance with the MV Law.
“The driver was not carrying the original documents with him. Also, the children’s parents were warned not to send their wards to school in an overcrowded vehicle. Warnings were also issued to the school authorities and they were told to follow road safety rules,” SI said.
Referring to the problems, child rights activist Himabindu said, “This is not an isolated incident. Road safety rules are frequently violated. We only carry out retrospective investigation when a tragedy occurs.”
Parents depend on cars because other modes of transportation have become unaffordable for many. In areas like Jawaharnagar in Medchal district, school children are transported to school in overcrowded three-wheelers, he added.
PDS rice worth over Rs 10 crore seized
Hyderabad:Officials from the vigilance and enforcement department along with district civil supplies raided Samrat Food Industries in Sangareddy district and seized PDS rice worth Rs 9.47 crore. Director General of Vigilance and Enforcement Shikha Goel said that they conducted raids on Samrat Food Industries located in Kadpal village of Siragpur Mandald in Vikarabad district and found 40,800 quintals of special mill rice (CMR) worth `9. 47 crore. The paddy was being seized illegally and the rice intended for distribution through PDS belonged to the 2024-25 kharif and habi season. Similarly, acting on a tip-off, vigilance officers raided Venkateswara Agricultural Industries in Mardi village of Kalher mandal in Sangareddy district. Around 3,000 quintals of PDS rice worth Rs 70 lakh were seized during the raid. Authorities have sent a letter to the civil supplies department to take further action on the issue.
Man fell into fraudsters’ trap, lost ₹59 lakh in crypto scam
Hyderabad:A man working in a private company has filed a complaint with the Rachakonda cybercrime police after losing Rs 59 lakh in a cryptocurrency investment scam. It all started through a matrimonial website where a woman convinced him to trap her. The victim was contacted by a woman posing as a potential matchmaker on a matrimonial website. The female fraudster first started communicating with the victim via WhatsApp call and eventually gained her trust.
He then claimed to be a reliable expert in cryptocurrency trading. The victim stated that he was directed to the online trading platform DEX Trading Corporation, which was claimed to be real and legitimate.
Following his guidance, she logged into the website with their UPI ID, bank details and other information. The victim then purchased USDT from Binance and transferred it to the trading platform DEX. Initially, small profits were seen on the dashboard, which encouraged him to invest more.
The victim reportedly made 53 transactions amounting to ₹59.25 lakh through UPI payment gateways and bank transfers. Each time, the website would show growth in investment, encouraging the victim to continue investing.
When the victim tried to withdraw the money, he realized it was a trap. He was told that an additional payment of Rs 89 lakh would have to be made to him as tax before the withdrawals could be processed. When he refused, he was repeatedly pressured to pay more and the platform began restricting his access. At this point he realized it was a scam under the guise of cryptocurrency trading.
An investigation into the incident was launched by the cyber crime police.
Man died by suicide, 2 people were arrested on charges of abetting
Hyderabad:A Balajinagar man died by suicide after he was allegedly harassed, assaulted and forced to consume alcohol again by two of his friends who were earlier involved in petty crimes with him.
Jawaharnagar police registered a case and sent the duo to judicial custody.
According to the police, deceased K. Sandeep and his friend Balaraju were involved in theft and other petty crimes and were even sentenced to imprisonment. However, after release, Sandeep moved away from criminal activities and was trying to rebuild his life for the better. However, this angered Balaraju, who felt that she was no longer cooperating with him, nor accompanying him in drinking alcohol or stealing.
Balaraju then met one Harish and the duo routinely picked up the victim early in the morning and sent him back to his home late in the evening. During this period, they allegedly pressured him to drink alcohol and discouraged him from going to work. The harassment continued for several weeks. The duo later encountered him in an open area in Sriramnagar Colony and beat him up for not participating in the theft and drinking sessions. The victim later returned home and reported the attack to his mother, stating that the duo threatened to kill him if he did not comply.
It was reported that prolonged intimidation and physical violence caused him distress. Sandeep injured himself and committed suicide. Although he was taken to hospital, he died on the way.
Following his mother’s complaint, the police launched an investigation into the incident and detained both suspects. The individuals who were referred to the courthouse were arrested and sent to prison. The investigation into the events that led to the suicide continues.
36-year-old technician lost R1.3 billion in trading scam
Hyderabad:A 36-year-old software engineer from Kondapur filed a complaint alleging that he lost $1,34,68,788 to fraudsters running a WhatsApp group masquerading as a fake trading app and stock market advisory platform.
According to the complaint, he joined a WhatsApp group called “Nuvama Wealth Stock Market Think Tank” on July 10 after coming across an Instagram ad. The group appeared to be led by a person who identified himself as professor Ashish Kehair and used three different mobile numbers. Over the course of a few days, a woman calling herself ‘Tanishka Sanyam’ contacted him separately using multiple phone numbers and also received emails from support@nuvamatrading.com claiming to guide him through a ‘corporate’ trading process.
The victim was asked to download an app called NUVAPRO from the Google Play Store and was provided with a login information identified as a NUVAPRO corporate account. He told police that the app consistently generated high profits, while the WhatsApp group distributed screenshots of earnings to establish credibility and encourage members to invest more. He was informed that withdrawals would require a 20 percent commission and taxes to be paid in advance.
Believing that the operation was real, he started transferring money. He first deposited Rs 1,00,000 on 24 July and later deposited Rs 4,00,000 on 29 July, a total of Rs 4,00,000 in three installments on 30 July, Rs 6,00,000 on 6 August, Rs 25,00,000 on 7 August, Rs 33,00,000 on 18 August. He transferred rupees. Rs 10,00,000 on 25 August, Rs 28,49,902 on 26 August, Rs 10,00,000 on 3 September, another Rs 10,00,000 on 17 September and finally Rs 2,18,886 on 19 September. Each time, he was instructed to transfer funds to a new bank account linked to an “application fee code.”
The victim said he was even shown an ‘IPO allotment’ of 1,53,207 shares of Bluestone Jewellery to encourage further investment. When he finally tried to withdraw the money on September 25, the app demanded a fee again and stopped responding after the final payment. The trading app later showed a virtual profit of 10,49,70,773, which he believes is fabricated.
He submitted the details of 64 WhatsApp group members, all their relevant bank accounts and UPI IDs. A case has been registered and investigation is ongoing.


