google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Israel and US leave Gaza ceasefire talks in Qatar

Israel and the US negotiators decided to quit their cease -fire talks in Doha, the capital of Qatar, and accused Washington Hamas of “not acting in good faith”.

“We decided to bring our team home for consultations after Hamas, who showed a lack of desire to reach a ceasefire in Gaza, said in a statement, US Special Ambassador Steve Witkoff.

The Israeli government did not say what triggered the withdrawal, but a senior Israeli official in the local media said that there was no “collapse” in negotiations.

Hamas said he was surprised by Witkoff’s words and willing to continue negotiations.

All parties in the talks, including mediators, admit that large gaps remain on key issues.

In a statement on Thursday, Witkoff said, “Mediators made great efforts, Hamas did not act in coordination or goodwill,” he said.

“We will now think of alternative options to bring hostages home and try to create a more stable environment for the people of Gaza.

“Hamas’ın Hamas’ın this selfish way is embarrassing. This conflict and Gaza in Gaza’da determined to end a permanent peace.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not interpret why Israeli negotiators left Doha.

However, the senior Israeli official, who spoke about the status of anonymity, insisted that there was no “collapse” in talks.

The authority criticized Hamas’s “rejection and unfortunate approach”, “We really reached the scene we need to go back and we will go back here as soon as we have the right way to reduce the gaps and reach the closing stage.”

Hamas said in an early statement on Friday: “The movement confirms the enthusiasm of participating in a way that will help to continue negotiations and overcome obstacles and lead to a permanent ceasefire agreement.”

The latest negotiations in Doha with Katari and Egyptian mediators last for more than two weeks.

Early on Thursday, the UN’s Palestinian Refugee Agency (UNRWA) said that one out of every five children in Gaza City is now malnourished and that the cases have increased every day.

More than 100 international charities and the Human Rights Group also warned mass hunger – pressure on the action of governments.

Israel, who controls the entry of all materials to Gaza, said that there is not many siege and accused Hamas for any malnutrition.

After a two -month ceasefire, Israel stopped the delivery of aid to the Gaza Strip in early March. The blockade was partially alleviated after about two months, but the shortage of food, fuel and medication deteriorated.

According to the UN Human Rights Office, more than 1,000 Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli army while trying to get food aid in the last two months.

He says that at least 766 was killed near the GHF’s four distribution centers in the Israeli military zones operated by US private security contractors.

288 people were killed near the UN and other aid convoys.

Israel accused Hamas of provoking the chaos near the aid areas. He says that their troops only made warnings and did not intentionally hit civilians.

The Israeli army launched a campaign in Gaza in response to the attack on Hamas on 7 October 2023 against Southern Israel, and about 1,200 people were killed and 251 people were hostage.

According to the Ministry of Health operated by Hamas of the region, at least 59,106 people have been killed in Gaza since then.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button