google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Judge tosses Michael Wolff lawsuit against Melania Trump as ‘contorted’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A federal judge on Friday threw out journalist Michael Wolff’s lawsuit against First Lady Melania Trump, calling it a “distorted” effort and “contrary to the way federal courts work.”

Wolff sued Trump to block a $1 billion lawsuit against him for allegedly making defamatory statements about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.

Manhattan Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, appointed by President Donald Trump, alleged that both Wolff and Trump engaged in “an inappropriate level of tactical gamesmanship.”

Although he acknowledged that both sides had a “genuine disagreement,” Vyskocil said he “will not be drafted in to police a debate that is presented in bad faith.”

DAILY BAST APOLOGIES TO MELANIA TRUMP FOR ARTICLE RETRACTING EPSTEIN CLAIMS

A federal judge on Friday threw out journalist Michael Wolff’s lawsuit against First Lady Melania, calling it a “distorted” effort and “contrary to the operation of the federal courts.” (AP Photo/Julia Demaree Nikhinson; Lorenzo Bevilaqua/Disney General Entertainment Content via Getty Images)

The first lady’s lawyer sent a letter to Wolff last year urging him to retract statements he made about Trump and warning that if he didn’t he would have “no alternative” but to sue her.

This prompted her to file a state lawsuit against him in October.

Trump’s lawyer, Alejandro Brito, transferred the case to federal court; Here, Vyskocil said that although the federal court had jurisdiction, it refused to exercise that authority and “dismissed this case like any other.”

HUNTER BIDEN Responds to MELANIA TRUMP’S $1 Billion Statement Due to ‘Defamatory’ EPSTEIN STATEMENTS With Expletives

A spokesperson for Melania Trump said in a statement Friday that “the First Lady is proud to continue to stand up and fight against those who spread malicious and defamatory lies while desperately trying to extract undue attention and money from their illegal behavior.”

The 56-year-old man’s lawyer had previously claimed Wolff’s comments had caused him “major reputational and financial damage”.

The first lady has denied having any relationship with Epstein, who died in prison in 2019 while awaiting trial on child sex trafficking charges.

“The lies linking me to the disgraceful Jeffrey Epstein must end today,” the first lady said at a press conference in April. he said. “People who lie about me lack ethical standards, humility and respect. I do not dispute their ignorance, but rather reject their malicious attempts to tarnish my reputation.”

Melania Trump speaks in the Grand Foyer of the White House during her public remarks.

First Lady Melania Trump delivers a statement at the White House on Thursday, April 9, 2026 in Washington, D.C. Trump has denied ties to financier Jeffrey Epstein and called for a congressional hearing to allow survivors of his abuse to share their stories. (Daniel Heuer/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

Wolff alleged in his lawsuit that the president and first lady have made a practice of threatening those who speak out against them with costly legal action “to silence their speech, generally intimidate their critics, and extract unfair payouts and North Korean-style confessions and apologies.”

He added that some of his statements were taken out of context and some were protected speech, including a statement claiming the Trumps had a “sham marriage, a spoils marriage” and a “fair and justified” opinion in his case.

His lawsuit also noted that Wolff never accused the first lady of involvement in criminal activity linked to Epstein.

Michael Wolff stands at a book launch event in New York

Michael Wolff attends the launch of his book “Siege” at a private residence in New York City on June 3, 2019. (Jared Siskin/Patrick McMullan)

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION

Last summer, the Daily Beast retracted an article titled “Melania Trump ‘Very Involved’ in the Epstein Scandal: Author,” based on an interview with Wolff, after receiving a letter from Brito.

Wolff said in the interview on which the retracted story was based that the first lady managed the matter “behind the scenes” at the White House but claimed she was not involved in any wrongdoing.

Wolff has written four bestselling books about the president: “Fire and Fury,” “Siege,” “Landslide” and “All or Nothing.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button