google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Lyle Menendez denied parole a day after brother Erik’s bid rejected | California

Lyle Menendez was released on Friday only one day after the release of the California Parole Board’s release of the release of Erik, because of the role of his parents in the 1989 murders.

Gavin Newsom, Governor of California, will have the last say whether the 57 -year -old child will be released.

Lyle and Erik Menendez, for about 30 years for the murders of their parents, left behind. During the murders, the brothers, 18 and 21, said that they shot José and Kitty Menendez in a fatal way after years of harassment by their father. The prosecutors were sentenced to imprisonment in 1996 after claiming that they had committed violence to get a multimillion dollar inheritance.

The case has been captivated for a long time and attracted attention international. The first hearings were published on TV by the court TV.

However, thanks to his stories, social media and many TV drama and documentaries, he reached new generations that focused on criticism criticizing that the brothers met and received unfair treatment by prosecutors and the media. Family members supported them publicly and supported the claims of abuse for years.

Lyle Menendez joins the conditional evacuation board online on Friday. Photo: CDCR/Reuters

Last year, Menendez brothers, at the time, had hopes for the first time in the years when he announced that he would recommend the Los Angeles regional lawyer to be broken.

“They have been prison for nearly 35 years.

In the years behind the fingers, the brothers gained university degrees and served as mentor and caregiver.

The brothers were angered by the Judge of California in May and dropped the original full life penalties to one of 50 years, with the possibility of release.

However, the new regional lawyer Nathan Hochman opposed their release, arguing that they never accepted the responsibility of crimes.

On Thursday, the Conditional evacuation Board rejected Erik’s freedom proposal by defending the wrong behavior as in prison, such as using a mobile phone, and showed that it was still a risk for public security. Despite the strong support of family members to release, they evacuated him on conditional.

“Two things can be right. They can love and forgive you, and still be found inappropriate for conditional evacuation, Barton said the commissioner Robert Barton.

Hochman praised the Board’s assessment of “careful, evidence -based” assessment.

“The Board accurately determined that Erik Menendez’s actions spoke loudly than words and that prison and current mentality still pose an unreasonable risk of danger to society,” he said.

The plum will be suitable for conditional evacuation within three years.

The hearing of Friday, which was closed to the public, took 11 hours. It was held separately to the hearing of Thursday.

Both brothers appeared where they were organized by the video link from San Diego prison.

The panel members, who were not released by the California Correction and Rehabilitation Department, tested their brothers on their behavior and attitudes towards murders.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button