google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Man questioned as part of rape and human trafficking probe into Harrods boss Mohamed al Fayed

A man in his 60s was questioned under caution by detectives investigating harassment by former Harrods boss Mohamed Al Fayed.

The Metropolitan Police said the man was being questioned on suspicion of aiding and abetting rape and human trafficking.

The interview comes after three women in their 40s, 50s and 60s were questioned by detectives between February 25 and March 5, also on suspicion of aiding and abetting rape and sexual assault, assisting in the commission of sexual offenses and human trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation.

Police reported that no arrests were made and the investigation continues.

Al Fayed died in 2023 at the age of 94.

More than 150 victims contacted the police and reported allegations of sexual assault, rape, sexual abuse and human trafficking.

The Met has previously said it was investigating people in the businessman’s circle who may have enabled him to commit more than 400 sexual assault crimes allegedly spanning decades between 1977 and 2014.

Earlier this month the force said officers had received detailed information from victims and witnesses to build a comprehensive picture of alleged crimes over the past 18 months.

Metropolitan Police commander Angela Craggs said the update was a significant step in the “complex and wide-ranging investigation”.

“Victims remain at the center of this investigation,” he said. “Today’s update marks an important step in a complex and wide-ranging investigation.

“While Al Fayed will no longer face prosecution, we remain determined to bring to justice anyone suspected of playing a role in his crimes.

“We encourage anyone with information to contact us, whether you have been directly affected by the actions of Mohamed Al Fayed or have concerns about others who may have been involved in or may have committed crimes.”

Police have contacted the Crimestoppers helpline to share information anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via an online form.

“We will share further updates when we are able to do so and only when there will be no risk of jeopardizing criminal or other litigation.”

This is breaking news, more to come…

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button