Manhunt for alleged gunman Julian Ingram continues after three people shot dead

WARNING: This content contains an image of a deceased Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
NSW’s top police officer has described the state’s domestic violence statistics as a “disgrace” as a man accused of shooting three people to death, including his ex-partner, remains at large.
Julian Ingram, 37, has been on the run since Jan. 22, when he allegedly killed three people in the midwestern town of Lake Cargelligo.
His ex-partner Sophie Quinn, 25, and John Harris, 32, were found with gunshot wounds in a vehicle and both died at the scene.

Police were called to a nearby street a short time later, where they found Ms. Quinn’s aunt, Nerida, who had been fatally shot.
19-year-old Kaleb Macqueen was also shot in the incident and was taken to hospital in serious but stable condition.


A large-scale police operation has been carried out in the area since the deadly shootings, but Mr Ingram remains at large.
Speaking to reporters at Cargelligo Lake on Thursday, NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon said it was “a terrible tragedy that should not have happened”.
“Domestic and family violence continues to be a scourge on our society – NSW Police attend more than 160,000 calls for service for domestic and family violence each year,” he said.

“Last year we charged more than 33,000 people with domestic and family violence attacks, which is disgraceful.
“Since I became a commissioner, I have made it clear that domestic and family violence will be one of my key priorities because of the impact it has on the community, and we have seen such a terrible impact here at Lake Cargelligo.”
Mr Lanyon said the community would continue to see a “significant police presence” until the suspect appeared in court.

Mr. Ingram, also known as Pierpoint, is wanted on an outstanding warrant for murder.
Police describe him as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance, approximately 165 to 170cm tall, of medium build, with short black hair and brown eyes.
He was last seen driving a Ford Ranger with NSW registration DM-07-GZ with council signs, high visibility markings and an emergency light bar.

Specialist police and Defense Force personnel were deployed to assist in the search. Tactical Operations Unit officers, negotiators and homicide investigators joined local officers in Lake Cargelligo and surrounding areas, and Strike Force Doberta led the investigation.
“This is the fifth day of temperatures above 40 degrees. Yet our police are unwavering. I’m incredibly proud of the work they do and their commitment to this community,” Mr Lanyon said.
More to come

