google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Melania Trump breaks silence after brutal ICE scenes Minneapolis | World | News

First Lady Melania Trump called for peaceful protests in Minneapolis as demonstrators continued to fill the streets of the Minnesota city following the fatal shooting of ICU nurse Alex Pretti by a federal agent. “I’m calling for unity. My husband, the president, had a great meeting with the governor and the mayor yesterday, and they’re working together to keep it peaceful and riot-free,” Mrs. Trump said in a statement on Tuesday, Jan. 27. Fox and Friends.

“I am against violence, so please if you are protesting, protest peacefully. And this time we need to be united,” he added. His request comes a day later Donald Trump He said he had “very good” discussions with Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and agreed to withdraw some Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers from the state. Anti-ICE protests have been raging since agents descended on the city last month, but intensified on Saturday, Jan. 24, following the fatal shootings of Pretti, 37, and Renee Nicole Good, also 37, on Jan. 7.

Trump administration officials claimed the shots were fired “defensively” against Pretti, who federal authorities said was in possession of a semiautomatic handgun and “violently” resisted officers. But bystander videos show Pretti holding only one phone in his hand. The authorities’ version was also opposed by Pretti’s family, who attacked what they called the administration’s “sickening lies” that were “reprehensible and disgusting.”

Mayor Frey said he had seen video from multiple people who witnessed the incident and said he saw “more than six masked agents beating one of our constituents, shooting him to death.”

Customs and Border Protection General Greg Bovino was also removed from his position in the crackdown on immigrants in the city. Mr. Trump also wrote on Truth Social on Monday that he was stepping aside Kristi Noem and sending his longtime rival, Tom Homan, to run the ICE operation.

Mr. Trump wrote on his favorite social media platform: “I’m sending Tom Homan to Minnesota tonight. He has nothing to do with this area but he knows and likes many people there. Tom is tough but fair and will report directly to me.”

On Monday, it was also revealed that Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem had agreed to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Melania Trump’s appearance on Fox News comes as the documentary Melania, directed by disgraced director Brett Ratner and licensed by Amazon. The $40 million (£29 million) deal has been reported and is set to premiere this weekend. The film documents the 20 days before Donald Trump’s return to power in January 2025.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button