Miscreants threaten to blast three courts, police conduct searches

Miscreants threatened to blow up three courts in Andhra Pradesh on Thursday, January 8, 2026. However, the police did not find any explosives in the courts.
The accused had sent letters to the judges stating that bombs had been planted in Eluru, Ananthapur and Madanapalli courts, causing panic. The postman threatened that the bombs could explode at any moment.
Eluru district Police Chief K. Pratap Shiva Kishore said, “We have searched the court building thoroughly. However, no bomb or explosive material has been found so far. The investigation is ongoing and there is no need to panic.” Hindu.
Upon the notice received, Bomb Detection (BD) and detection dog teams carried out an investigation after evacuating the courthouse buildings. The searches were continuing when the last report came.
“All staff, judges, lawyers, petitioners and other members of the public have been sent out of the court premises as a precautionary measure. We are searching offices, courtroom, waiting rooms and other facilities in the courts,” said a BD team officer. Meanwhile, Cyber Crime police are trying to trace the mail.
“We are trying to determine from whose mail, IP address and from what place the mails were sent to the judges,” said Mr. Pratap Shiva Kishore.
It was published – 08 January 2026 17:22 IST

