MSF accused of anti-Israel rhetoric quits Nasser Hospital amid gunmen concerns

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), an increasingly controversial medical non-governmental organization accused of anti-Israel rhetoric, shocked many when it recently announced that it was ceasing operations at Nasser Hospital in Gaza’s Khan Younis due to the presence of gunmen using the hospital, which it accuses Israel of constant raids.
MSF said its teams “reported a range of unacceptable actions, including the presence of armed men, intimidation, arbitrary detention of patients and, more recently, suspicions of the movement of weapons”, adding that “the incidents pose serious safety threats for our teams and patients”.
Salo Aizenberg, director of media monitoring group HonestReporting, told Fox News Digital: “MSF saved its report of sighting armed gunmen at Nasser Hospital for the very end of its 2,500-word Gaza projects update, but still did not reveal who these gunmen were. Hamas.”
STEFANIK ASKED AG BONDI TO INVESTIGATE THE MEDICAL AID AGENCY OVER HAMAS PROPAGANDA ALLEGATIONS
Preparations have been completed at Nasser Hospital and Hamas terrorists are taking security precautions to welcome the Gazans who will be released within the scope of the ceasefire and hostage-prisoner exchange agreement signed between Israel and Hamas in Khan Younis city of Gaza on October 13, 2025. (Doaa Albaz/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Hamas’ ongoing operations underscore another challenge: the need to disarm Hamas, as required by the ceasefire currently in effect.
In a statement to Fox News Digital, the Israel Defense Forces stated that it “had intelligence that Nasser Hospital was being used as a headquarters and military outpost for senior Hamas commanders and officials in the southern Gaza Strip. For two years, the Israel Defense Forces and the defense establishment had warned that hospitals and humanitarian shelters in the Gaza Strip were being cynically used by terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip as human shields to conceal terrorist activities.”
The IDF stated that MSF’s decision was “important” and added that “it came too late. This is another evidence that strengthens the necessity of disarmament of the Hamas terrorist organization.”

Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has suspended the operations of Nasser Hospital in Gaza’s Khan Younis city for what it said were “unacceptable actions, including the presence of armed men” at the medical centre. (Abed Rahim Khatib/Anadolu via Getty Images)
Fox News Digital asked the White House whether the presence of armed combatants at Nasser Hospital was a violation of the ceasefire. “We cannot verify Médecins Sans Frontières’ claims, but Hamas’s threatening presence is one of the reasons we continue to emphasize the need for Hamas to disarm,” a White House official said.
US-SUPPORTED GAZA AID GROUP ACCUSES DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS OF SPREADING ‘FALSE’ CLAIMS
MSF has previously stated that it “has been operating out of Nasser Hospital since October 2023, when the conflict escalated.”
Aizenberg said that MSF’s statement was different from previous statements. “When the IDF raided Nasser Hospital in February 2024, saying Hamas operatives and hostages were believed to be there, it was condemned as an unlawful attack on a medical facility,” Aizenberg said. “MSF now confirms that the hospital was used by fighters and for weapons movement. The IDF was right all along.”

IDF troops found a large cache of weapons, some of which were hidden inside a vehicle used by Hamas terrorists in the October 7 terrorist attack against Israel. February 18, 2024. (IDF)
The US-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), which provided more than 187 million meals to Gazans between May 26 and the end of November 2025, has also raised concerns. In September, GHF told Fox News Digital that Nasser Hospital routinely issued “false reports” to the media regarding civilian deaths at GHF sites.
FORMER DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS LEADER CALLED THE GROUP ‘SUPPORTERS OF HAMAS’ OVER INTERVENTION IN THE GAZA WAR
MSF did not respond to Fox News Digital’s questions about why they chose to include the changes in operations at the end of the lengthy statement, which included the fact that they had not previously addressed the presence of gunmen at Nasser Hospital, whether the gunmen at the hospital were members of Hamas, and the claim that Israeli authorities had engaged in “intimidation, pressure and smear campaigns” against MSF.
According to the Times of Israel, the IDF banned MSF from operating in Gaza as of March 1, citing its failure to provide a list of all Palestinian personnel.
MSF has come under fire in the US; Representative Elise Stefanik (RY) sent a letter to Attorney General Pam Bondi in September, requesting that the organization be investigated under the Anti-Terrorism Act on the grounds that it is a “mirror.”[ed] “The propaganda that Hamas constantly implements.”

As displaced Palestinians return from an aid distribution center in the central Gaza Strip in June, people carry boxes of relief supplies from the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), a private US-backed aid group that has bypassed the long-established UN-led system in the region. 8 The UN and major aid agencies have refused to cooperate with the GHF, citing concerns that the GHF is designed to serve Israel’s military objectives. (Eyad Baba/AFP via Getty Images)
As the Trump administration-brokered ceasefire takes effect, other anti-Israel NGOs also appear to be confronting their obsession with Israel. Former CEO of Oxfam in the UK, Dr. Halima Begum is taking the charity to court over accusations of sexism, racism and antisemitism. He told Britain’s Channel 4 News that “it always felt like we were working disproportionately on the crisis in Gaza”.
Addressing Begum’s remarks, Israeli cabinet minister Amichai Chikli said that Begum “is a vocal critic of the State of Israel.” Therefore, as he testified about the level of antisemitism within the organization and made these accusations himself, he said his words needed to resonate more globally.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
On Monday, Israeli news agency TPS-IL reported that Oxfam will not be allowed to operate in Gaza from February 28, according to a decision by the Ministry of Diaspora Affairs and Combating Antisemitism.
Watchdog organization NGO Monitor told Fox News Digital that the confluence of reports shows that “superpower NGOs are slowly being exposed from within; their anti-Israel rot is blocked from view for all to see. A major return to founding principles is needed to ensure that human rights once again become guiding ideals in the world’s most influential NGOs.”




