google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Australia

Mum of Ellenbrook Secondary College stabbing victim speaks out as her son recovers from alleged gang attack

A Perth mother is still trying to come to terms with how close she came to losing her son after he was stabbed outside his school in Ellenbrook on Monday.

15-year-old teenager stabbed outside Ellenbrook Secondary School After at least 10 youths allegedly attacked him and his friend.

After the group approached the victim, he was allegedly stabbed in the bicep.

He was then attacked with an extendable baton; this action allegedly caused the victim to become dizzy and to have his head torn off.

The victim’s mother said it was “every parent’s worst nightmare”.

“I was at work at the time. I had just gotten off work and they were taking him to the hospital in an ambulance,” he said.

“He potentially couldn’t be here with me today, that’s something that really plays on my mind a lot.”

Members of the South Side gang allegedly traveled north of the river to take revenge for online abuse.

The victim’s mother says they got the wrong kid.

“He’s not a saint, I’ll put this here, but my son was not the target of this gang. I believe he was his friend,” she said.

“It was unfortunate that he escaped and so my son had to bear the brunt of the attack.”

Camera IconThe teenager’s mother was stabbed while speaking with 7NEWS reporter Nick General in Ellenbrook. Credit: 7NEWS

The young man is currently recovering.

So far, four of the 10 young people involved in the alleged attack have been arrested. was released on bailIncluding the 14-year-old boy who allegedly cut the boy with a knife.

“It’s scary to realize that there are children out there carrying guns. I think the justice system needs to be much tougher,” the mother said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button