Nearly 1000 arrested and dozens of firearms seized in four-day DV blitz

Police Minister Yasmin Catley has described domestic violence as “a stain on our society” after police arrested nearly 1,000 people and seized dozens of firearms in a four-day raid.
“If you use violence, intimidation or coercive control, the police will come for you,” Ms Catley said.
The multi-agency operation, called Amarok XIII, began on Wednesday, May 13.
Officers checked more than 15,000 arrest domestic violence orders and more than 1,800 bail orders for compliance and found nearly 400 had been breached.
Police laid more than 2,000 charges after 993 people were arrested over four days.
Acting Deputy Commissioner Paul Dunstan said too many people in the community were living in fear.
“Amarok may be a targeted operation, but our commitment to protecting victims and pursuing criminals continues every day and never stops,” he said.
On the second day of the operation, a 28-year-old man was detained following the alleged stabbing. A woman had been taken to Liverpool Hospital with multiple stab wounds earlier that day. The man was arrested and charged in the afternoon.
Police also seized 94 firearms and 48 guns following 142 searches.
“The operation is an intelligence-led, offender-focused operation aimed at ensuring the safety and welfare of victims of domestic and family violence and the wider NSW community,” NSW Police said in a statement on Monday morning.
He urged anyone with information about domestic and family violence to contact police on 1800 333 000.



