google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Meghan Markle ready to make bombshell return to UK after 4 years | Royal | News

Meghan Markle may be making a dramatic return to the UK for the first time in four years and plans to appear alongside Prince Harry at a major Invictus Games event in Birmingham this summer. But the visit depends entirely on whether the couple will be provided with increased security.

The Duchess of Sussex, 44, hopes to attend the one-year countdown celebration to the 2027 Invictus Games on July 10. If approved, this trip will be attended by Queen Elizabeth II. It will be his first appearance in Britain since Elizabeth’s funeral in September 2022.

Security remains the main issue. Prince Harry’s long-running battle to regain taxpayer-funded armed protection is currently being reviewed by Ravec, a committee of police, royal and government officials.

A decision is expected later this month, and sources say Meghan will not travel unless the outcome is positive.

Plans are said to be well advanced for the Birmingham event, which forms part of Prince Harry’s summer program of promotional activities for the Invictus Games, a sports competition for wounded and injured veterans.

Meghan has previously attended similar countdown ceremonies in Canada and Germany.

Prince Harry, 41, has repeatedly said it is not safe to bring his family to the UK without proper protection. The sun reported.

When she stepped back as a working royal and moved to California in 2020, her right to an automatically armed guard was removed. After losing the case in the Supreme Court last year, he described the decision as an “institutional seam”.

Despite this, sources close to the couple believe the government may now approve increased security.

It is not yet known whether their children, six-year-old Archie and four-year-old Lilibet, will attend the visit.

They have not been in the UK since the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2022, when Meghan met a mixed reception when she arrived at St Paul’s Cathedral.

Meghan has remained closely involved with the Invictus Games since stepping down from royal duties.

He joined Harry at promotional events in Vancouver and Whistler in early 2024, meeting rivals in training and qualifying for the Games the following year.

Also Queen Elizabeth II. Shortly before Elizabeth’s death, she attended a 2022 countdown event in Düsseldorf and traveled to Nigeria with Harry in 2024 to support the foundation.

The Duchess acknowledged the difficulty of her time away from her children in her Netflix series With Love Meghan, saying long periods of separation left her emotionally challenged.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button