google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Prince Andrew latest: Andrew told to leave public life for ever after embarrassing royal family

Four important questions about Jeffrey Epstein that Virginia Giuffre’s tell-all memoir doesn’t answer

Giuffre, 41, died by suicide in April this year while working on the book with co-author Amy Wallace. Published on Tuesday Nobody’s Daughter It explores, in often harrowing detail, how Giuffre was abused by the rich and powerful and how she fought for justice.

The book’s release comes as President Donald Trump is under intense pressure to release the U.S. government’s entire files on Epstein.

Let’s take a look at some of the important questions Giuffre asks in her book, which remain unanswered for now:

Maroosha Victorious22 October 2025 05:30

Agreement allowing Prince Andrew to stay rent-free at 30-room Windsor mansion

Prince Andrew was living rent-free at Royal Lodge, a 30-room Windsor mansion, under a 75-year lease signed with the Crown Estate in 2003.

Instead of paying annual rent, he made a down payment of around £8 million for the renovation and future rent, effectively buying out the lease, the BBC reported.

The agreement allows him to remain without ongoing rent but requires him to maintain the property.

Prince Andrew’s rent is described as a “pepper”, a symbolic sum of £1 per year, often used as a symbolic legal tender rather than a commercial payment on long leases.

Maroosha Victorious22 October 2025 05:00

Pressure mounts on Prince Andrew over his Windsor mansion

Pressure is mounting for Prince Andrew to give up his 30-room mansion after it was revealed he had been paying “pepper rent” for more than 20 years.

Senior Conservative Party member Robert Jenrick said “the public is fed up with him” and said it was “time for Prince Andrew to go live privately”.

Parliamentary committees may also examine the Crown Estate’s dealings with Andrew’s Royal Lodge residence in Windsor Great Park.

Campaign group Republic, meanwhile, demanded a “full and relentless investigation” into the royal’s links to pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein and efforts to protect Andrew.

Protesters from the anti-monarchy group held up banners outside the gates of the Royal Lodge reading “End Royal Secrecy” and “What are you hiding? Royal Epstein Inquiry Now”.

Maroosha Victorious22 October 2025 04:30

Four in five Britons want Prince Andrew to be formally stripped of his duchy

Four in five Britons believe Prince Andrew should be formally stripped of his dukedom, according to a new poll.

It comes as calls for the King to vacate his brother’s residence in the Royal Lodge intensify.

The prince’s relationship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein recently resurfaced in the headlines; After Andrew’s memoirs were published after his death, allegations denied by Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sex, came to the fore again.

Senior Conservative MP Robert Jenrick said it was “time for Prince Andrew to leave himself to live in private” because “the public is fed up with him”, especially after it was revealed Andrew had been paying “pepper rent” for his 30-room home for more than two decades.

Maroosha Victorious22 October 2025 04:00

SNP MP says many in Parliament would not oppose stripping Andrew of titles

Many in Parliament would “not agree” with Prince Andrew being stripped of his royal title, an SNP MP has said.

The SNP is introducing a motion to pressure Sir Keir Starmer’s government to strip Andrew of his title; this would require an Act of Parliament.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme, the SNP’s Stephen Gethins said stripping Andrew of his title would be “a good thing to do”.

He said: “I think he has to give them up, just as you have given them up formally, by an Act of Parliament, I’m afraid. I’m not sure there will be many people in Parliament who will oppose that.”

“This is a move where you can eliminate that, and if it gives some relief to those victims, I think that’s a good thing to do.”

Stephen Gethins says stripping Andrew’s titles through Parliament would be ‘a very simple move’ (United Kingdom Parliament)

Athena Stavrou22 October 2025 03:30

Giuffre remembers the moment the famous photo was taken with Andrew

In her memoirs published today after her death, Virginia Giuffre describes the moment when that famous photo with Prince Andrew was taken.

The prince says he posed with Ghislaine Maxwell when he first met her at her London home when she was 17.

He recalled running to grab his “Kodak FunSaver” camera and asking Epstein to take the photo.

She added: “My mother would never forgive me if I didn’t meet someone famous like Prince Andrew and take a photo with her.”

Andrew with Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell (US Department of Justice/PA)
Andrew with Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell (US Department of Justice/PA) (US Department of Justice)

Athena Stavrou22 October 2025 02:30

Andrew rightly guessed that Giuffre was underage

Andrew wrote in his memoirs that he correctly guessed that Virginia Giuffre was 17 when they first met: Nobody’s Daughter.

He said Ghislaine Maxwell, who was later convicted as a sex trafficker, went shopping for clothes to wear for a meeting at Maxwell’s flat in London in 2001.

Maxwell, who was “flirtier than ever” at the meeting, asked the then-duke to guess Ms. Giuffre’s age, and Ms. Giuffre wrote that Andrew, then 41, guessed correctly at 17.

He said he was paid $15,000 for “serving the man the tabloids call ‘Randy Andy’.”

(AFP/Getty)

Athena Stavrou22 October 2025 01:30

Pressure mounts on Prince Andrew over his Windsor mansion

Pressure is mounting for Prince Andrew to give up his 30-bedroom mansion after it was revealed he had been paying “pepper rent” for more than 20 years.

Senior Conservative Party member Robert Jenrick said “the public is fed up with him” and said it was “time for Prince Andrew to go live privately”.

Parliamentary committees may also examine the Crown Estate’s dealings with Andrew’s Royal Lodge residence in Windsor.

A copy of the lease shared by the Crown Estate shows Andrew signed a 75-year lease on the property in 2003.

It emerges that he paid £1 million in rent and has since paid a “peppercorn” annual rent “on demand”.

(Alan Hunt / Geography)

Athena Stavrou22 October 2025 00:23

Important claims from Virginia Giuffre’s memoirs

Six months after his death, Virginia Giuffre’s memoir revealed harrowing new details about Jeffrey Epstein’s trafficking.

While the book is being published on Tuesday, here are some of the most important facts:

She describes the first time she met Andrew

Giuffre says she was taken shopping in London by Ghislaine Maxwell before the meeting. They posed for photos together at his apartment before heading out to dinner and a nightclub.

She claims she was told to “do for him what she did for Jeffrey” and that after they had sex, the prince thanked her in a “shortened British accent”.

Sex party with Andrew on Epstein’s island

Giuffre claims the third time she had sex with Prince Andrew was during an orgy with eight other teenage girls on Epstein’s Caribbean island of Little Saint James.

He wrote: “Epstein, Andy and about eight teenage girls and I had sex together. The other girls all looked and appeared to be under 18 and didn’t really speak English.”

Giuffre ‘surprised’ Andrew was ‘stupid’ enough to publicly meet with Epstein after conviction

After Epstein was released from prison for procuring a minor for prostitution, Giuffre wrote in 2011 that she was shocked to see a photo of Andrew with her in New York’s Central Park.

Andrew’s Newsnight interview was ‘jet fuel’ for legal team

When Giuffre wrote in 2019 that she was considering suing Andrew, she said she saw the royal do a sit-down interview with Emily Maitlis on BBC Newsnight, in which Maitlis said she had “no recollection” of ever meeting Giuffre.

Giuffre wrote: “As devastating as this interview was for Prince Andrew, it was like an injection of jet fuel for my legal team. Its contents… would help us build a solid case against the prince.”

Andrew ‘hid behind the gates of Balmoral’

In August 2021, Giuffre’s team filed a lawsuit alleging that “Prince Andrew raped and assaulted me when I was a minor, causing me serious and permanent damage.”

When the action was initiated, he wrote that the papers could not be served on Andrew because “Queen Elizabeth had fled to Balmoral Castle in Scotland and hid behind its well-guarded gates.”

Athena Stavrou21 October 2025 23:24

Opinion: It’s time for Eugenie and Beatrice to cut dad out of their lives

There are many people who know all too well how shameful and terrifying it is to have a parent accused of something terrible. But few people have experienced it under public scrutiny for as long as princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. Theirs is a rare kind of hell.

Samuel Fishwick suggests that royal princesses should take some time away from their disgraced fathers, for their own sake and especially for the sake of their young children:

Athena Stavrou21 October 2025 22:33

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button