‘Sex predator’ killed two women and raped third after being freed | UK | News

Simon Levy, 40, appears at Highbury Magistrates’ Court (Image: PA)
A convicted “sex predator” murdered two women and raped a third after police released him following his initial arrest for the death, a court has heard. Simon Levy, 40, allegedly targeted three defenseless women over an eight-month period in London last year, raping them and then murdering the two women within months of each other, the Old Bailey was told.
Prosecutor Tom Little KC told jurors the partially blind defendant was a “predatory serial offender” with an extensive history of sexual offending, describing himself as a “sex predator” whose previous convictions were relevant to the case. Levy is accused of raping a 35-year-old sex worker in January 2025 and then strangling her until she lost consciousness.
The woman told police she believed she was going to die after he broke her collarbone, strangled her face and forced his finger down her throat, telling her: “Shut up, be quiet, I’ve got you.”
Two months later, the body of 53-year-old Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo was found in the stairwell of a disused flat block on the Aylesbury Estate in Southwark.
The court heard that a metal pipe carrying Levy’s blood was found next to Levy’s body, and Levy’s DNA was also found on the victim.
Levy was arrested on suspicion of murder on April 1 but “made no comment” during police interrogations. Ms. Valencia-Trujillo was released after the cause of death was initially recorded as undetermined.

Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53, died at Aylesbury Manor, south-east London, on March 17. (Image: PA)
Four months later, prosecutors alleged he attacked again.
The body of Sheryl Wilkins, 39, was found behind a wall in a Tottenham car park on August 24, close to where the alleged rape took place and near Levy’s home.
Jurors heard Ms Wilkins suffered 83 separate injuries to her face, head, torso, arms and legs. Although the cause of death has not been determined, the prosecutor’s office claims that he may have died due to suffocation, neck or chest pressure. Levy’s DNA was allegedly found on his body.
Mr Little told the jury Levy had amassed “a large number of convictions for sexual offenses against women”, including convictions in 2021 for offenses committed in 2018.

Sheryl Wilkins, 39, who was found unresponsive and pronounced dead in Tottenham on August 24 (Image: PA)
He also said Levy was convicted on February 5 this year of 11 more sexual assaults that occurred between April 2022 and May 2025, 6 of which were allegations of rape and murder in the same year.
“A sexual crime is something the defendant does,” the prosecutor said.
He argued that the convictions revealed Levy’s “attitude and approach towards women” and that these were relevant to the allegations before the court.
Defense barrister Siobhan Gray KC said the prosecution relied on “coincidence” and argued there was no evidence that either woman had been unlawfully killed.
Our community members are treated to special offers, promotions and advertising from us and our partners. You can check out whenever you want. Read our Privacy Policy
He suggested both deaths may have been drug-related and said Levy’s previous sex offense convictions were “completely different” to the charges he now faces.
Levy denies killing Ms. Valencia-Trujillo and Ms. Wilkins, maintaining that he had consensual sex with both women.
He also denies charges of two counts of rape, causing grievous bodily harm with intent and non-fatal strangulation.




