Afghan data breach raises serious questions for Tories, Keir Starmer says

Political reporter
Sir Keir Starmer said that there were “serious questions to answer” about a data violation that reveals the details of thousands of Afghan, who supported the British forces of former conservative ministers.
The Prime Minister said that the failures inherited by the government to come to the Super Junction and the UK, which prevented the reporting of the violation and to come to the UK, contained a “hidden way”, which cost hundreds of millions of pounds.
After the Taliban captured power, the details of approximately 19,000 Afghan, who applied to move to England, were mistakenly leaked by a British official in February 2022.
The previous government learned this when the details were published on Facebook in August 2023.
Sir Ben Wallace, the defense secretary at the time, said that the conservative government had applied for a four -month measure decision, that a judge turned into a super trial, that is, even the existence of the court decision could not be reported.
Super Junction was removed on Tuesday after an independent examination.
Sir I said that he did not “apologize” to apply for the first precautionary measure, that it “did not cover up” but was designed to protect the Afghans that may be at risk.
Speaking at the beginning of the Prime Minister’s questions in the Avamon, Sir Keir said, “The United Kingdom has always supported our obligations against the Afghans who serve with the British forces with the British forces.
He said: “We warned the opposition about the conservative administration of this policy, and yesterday, the defense secretary revealed the full scope of the failures we have inherited: a great data violation, a super junking, a hundred millions of pounds.
He continued: “The ministers working under the party have serious questions about how this is allowed.”
Afghanistan response, which is a re -settlement scheme for those affected by the violation, was founded in April 2024 and saw that 4,500 Afghan has come to England so far.
The cost of £ 400 million, the foreseen cost is approximately £ 850 million. A total of 6,900 people are expected to come to England within the scope of this plan.
The Ministry of Defense (MOD) believes that 1,800 of 600 Afghan soldiers and family members involved in the leak are still in Afghanistan.
The presence of the program was announced to the public after the Supreme Court was removed by the super junk.
Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle said the Super Junks to the House of Commons was “important constitutional problems”.
Since MPs are not aware of the violation, they cannot be grown in the Avamons or they cannot be examined by a parliamentary committee.




