Nick Shirley says he’s received death threats after Minnesota fraud viral video

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Independent journalist Nick Shirley said he received death threats and harassment, including phone calls to his family, after he posted a viral video alleging fraud at Minnesota daycares.
Shirley described the threats when she appeared on television on December 31 PBD Podcastand said he was warned he would be “Kirked,” a reference to the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk in September.
The backlash against the YouTuber follows his investigation into several publicly funded Minnesota daycares.
Shirley claimed the centers appeared largely empty despite receiving significant government payments.
ICE INVESTIGATIONS SUSPECT SCAM SITES IN MINNESOTA AS AUTHORITIES FOLLOW A POTENTIAL $9 BILLION MONEY TRAIL
Independent journalist Nick Shirley. (Fox News)
One location allegedly raised nearly $4 million in taxpayer funds.
Shirley also claimed on the podcast that she has received threats both in person and online since her video went viral.
“They say, ‘Kirked, you’re going to be Kirked. You’re going to be Kirked,'” Shirley told host Patrick Bet-David.
“That’s what they say, like you’re next. You’re going to be next.” [Charlie] “Forty,” he said.
Shirley appeared shaken as she described the toll the threats had taken, especially the calls her family had received.
QUESTIONS CONTINUE, MN LICENSE SITE CRASHES IN CHILD CARE FRAUD SCANDAL

The Quality Learning Center in Minnesota was at the center of the state’s alleged child care fraud scandal. (Madelin Fuerste / Fox News Channel)
“And it’s like, are you kidding me? In fact, I hate what’s going on right now. I feel bad for my family, to be honest, because it’s like, yeah, we didn’t do anything wrong, but you’re coming after me like I’m some kind of bad guy,” she said.
He then added, “I’m getting phone calls to my little sister too. Why are you guys doing this?” I think.
Shirley maintained that his investigation was about fiscal responsibility, not politics.
“I didn’t make this a left-right issue,” he said. “I just showed you that fraud happens.”
Footage of Walz’s VP debate touting government support for day care goes viral amid fraud allegations in Minnesota

Center for Quality Learning director Ibrahim Ali, left, and Minnesota Department of Children, Youth and Families Commissioner Tikki Brown deny that any fraud has occurred, despite a recent report by independent journalist Nick Shirley. (Swimming pool)
As previously reported by Fox News Digital, Minnesota officials retracted Shirley’s video.
Minnesota Department of Children, Youth and Families Commissioner Tikki Brown said past audits have uncovered no evidence of fraud.
“We are aware of a video circulating regarding child care centers in Minnesota that has attracted local and national attention,” Brown said at a Dec. 29 press conference.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
“While we have questions about some of the methods used in the video, we take the concerns raised by the video about fraud very seriously.”
But in response to Shirley’s video, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced on December 30 that it would stop child care payments to Minnesota.
Fox News Digital has reached out to Shirley for comment.



