google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Thailand and Cambodia to hold peace talks as Trump urges them to settle differences | Thailand

Donald Trump said he believed that both Thailand and Cambodia believed to solve their differences after saying that they would not end trade agreements unless they finish their wars.

Thailand Prime Minister’s spokesman said on Sunday, Monday, Thailand and Cambodian leaders will gather for negotiations to end their hostility in Malaysia. The deadly border dispute has now killed at least 35 people on the fourth day and has been displaced more than 218,000.

Trump said to the journalists in Scotland’s Turnbery: “I talked to both prime ministers and I think when I landed, I think they want to settle now.”

Thailand’s acting Prime Minister Phumtham Wechayachai spokesman, the leader Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’s “discussion of peace efforts in the region” in response to the case on Monday, he said. Anwar is acting as the president of the Southeast Asian Nations Association (ASEAN) this year.

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Manet also confirmed the participation. “My leader [the] The Cambodian delegation will attend a private meeting in Kuala Lumpur, organized by the United States, hosted by Malaysia and with the participation of China. ”

China called on Cambodia’s close ally and the two countries at the beginning of the war to resolve their differences peacefully. Hun Manet’s statement seemed to be the first word of a Chinese connection with the planned talks on Monday.

Trump suggested that he spoke to Thailand and Cambodia leaders on Saturday and would not progress with trade agreements with both countries if hostility continued.

Hun Manet said that his country had previously agreed to watch on Sunday. Trump said he agreed to stop the attacks after Thailand’s speech with the US President Phumtham.

The Thai Foreign Ministry thanked the position of Phumtham Trump and the qualified Thailand, in principle, he accepted for the cease -fire, but emphasized the need for “sincere intention” from Cambodia.

US State Department spokesman Tammy Bruce said on Sunday that the US is “ready to facilitate future debates to ensure peace and stability between the two countries” and that Foreign Minister Marco Rubio called both Thailand and Cambodia’s foreign ministers “immediately accepted a match for unemployment.

After a black mine explosion along the border, he wounded five Thai soldiers. Both sides blamed each other for the conflict. Both countries remembered their ambassadors, and Thailand closed the border crossings with Cambodia, except for an exception for immigrant Cambodian workers to return home.

Despite diplomatic efforts, the fight continued throughout some parts of the controversial border on Sunday, and both sides rejected the budding and trade due to renewed bombings and unity movements.

Thai Army spokesman Colonel Richa Suksowanont said that the Cambodian forces fired heavy balls in the province of Surin, including civilian houses early on Sunday. He said that Cambodia also started rocket attacks aimed at the former Taen Thom Temple allegedly allegedly allegedly by both countries and other fields to reclaim the region guaranteed by the Thai troops. The Thai forces responded with long -range artillery to hit Cambodian artillery and rocket launchers.

He added that Battlefield operations will continue and the ceasefire could only happen if Cambodia officially starts negotiations.

The daily summary of the war, which was published on the Sunday night of the Thai army, said, “Cambodia attacks remain irregular and create violations of the rules of participation and pose more risks for border communities”.

“The situation is quite tense and it is expected that Cambodia can be prepared for a major military operation before entering negotiations,” he said.

Cambodian Defense Department Spokesperson LT Gen Maly Socheata accused Thai forces of raising violence with the bombardment of Cambodian territory in the early hours of Sunday, followed by a lar large -scale attack üstün including tanks and land troops in more than one area.

“Such actions weaken all efforts to resolve peacefully and reveal Thailand’s intention to increase instead of increasing the conflict,” he said.

On Sunday, Thailand reported a new death of a soldier and brought the total number of deaths to 22 to civilians. Cambodia said that 13 people were killed, but Lieutenant Gen, whose death was announced on Sunday. It was unclear if it contained Duong Samnieng.

In Thailand, more than 139,000 people were evacuated to safe places and more than 79,000 people fled three Cambodian provinces. Many border villages are mostly abandoned, many schools and hospitals are closed.

With Associated Press and Reuters

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button