Parents of RG Kar victim seek permission from city court for access to crime scene

Last year, the parents of the doctor who was raped and killed at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital prayed to a city court on Monday, July 7, 2025 and demanded to visit the crime again. | Photo Loan: PTI
Last year, the parents of the doctor who was raped and killed at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital prayed to a city court on Monday, July 7, 2025 and demanded to visit the crime again.
The issue will be heard by the Judicial Judicial Judicial Judicial Judiciary of the Civil and Criminal Court of Sealdah tomorrow.
On August 9, 2024, a graduate traine doctor was found dead in a seminar hall of the chest medicine department on the fourth floor of the Emergency Building of the RG Snow Medical College and Hospital operated by the state.

“We do not think that the Central Investigation Bureau is conducting an appropriate investigation to capture all criminals. Therefore, it is important that we can access the seminar hall where everything emerges. A revisit will help to answer the questions in the future court procedures. Hindu Monday (7 July 2025).
The Minister added that the Calcutta Supreme Court has directed them to approach the Sealdah court to get permission to reconsider their place of occurrence.
In particular, last year, Sandip Ghosh, former Director of the Faculty of Medicine, was accused of intervening on the crime scene after a letter signed by him and dated 10 August, led the “emergency” renewals in each department of the hospital.
When a video appeared online, concerns increased around the police investigation that caught a crowd at the scene after the body was found. The police later announced that the “40 -meter area around the victim’s body was taken under the cord, but objected to the victim’s parents’ claims.
While the civilian volunteer Sanjay Roy was pronounced as a guilty and was sentenced to life imprisonment for the rape and murder of the Doctor in January this year, the parents filed a petition to the Calcutic Supreme Court for more investigations about the case.
In a previous conversation with HinduThe family expressed his dissatisfaction with the CBI’s investigation.
Renewed protest in a one -year sign
The parents of the victim also said on Monday, July 7, 2025) on August 9, 2025, ‘Nabanna Abhiyan’ (March Secretariat March) rally said, “They will definitely be ready”. Opposition Suvendu Adhikari said that after meeting last week, he would “participate in protests without a flag” and “make the movement successful”.
August 9 will have passed since the unfortunate incident. In addition, the activists called on the same day of last year since its establishment, on August 14, ‘the night’ the night ‘delay’ protests.
Yaslı Baba, “As in last year, we will participate in the night protest on August 14th. We will try to cover as many places as possible,” he said.
Last year, on August 14, and later on other nights, women’s rights organizations organized the big ‘night night’ protests throughout the night throughout the state, and called on people, especially women to leave their homes and walk to the right to wander in public spaces.
Published – 08 July 2025 05:15




