google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Trump celebrates Stephen Colbert’s final show with brutal ‘no talent’ swipe as bitter host takes one last jab at CBS on way out door

President Donald Trump celebrated Stephen Colbert’s final appearance by likening him to a “talentless” “dead man” as the late-night host took a few parting shots at CBS as he exited.

Colbert shockingly announced last year that Paramount/CBS would not be renewing his contract after 11 years on the air and would be ending his late-night show after 44 years on the air.

At the time, the network claimed it was “purely a financial decision,” but the cancellation came just days after the Northwestern University alumnus called Paramount/CBS’s $16 million lawsuit settlement with President Trump a “massive bribe.”

Paramount was also in the midst of a multibillion-dollar merger with movie studio Skydance, which required government approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

When the demonstration ended Friday, Trump celebrated.

‘Colbert’ is finally done with CBS. It’s surprising it lasted this long!’ The president claimed on his Truth Social page that Colbert had ‘neither the talent nor the life.’

“He was like a dead person,” Trump continued. ‘You could take any man off the street and he’d do better than this piece of shit.

‘Thank goodness he’s finally gone.’

President Donald Trump celebrated Stephen Colbert’s latest performance by comparing him to a ‘talentless’ ‘dead man’

Colbert took a few parting shots at his former bosses at CBS and Paramount on his final show on Thursday.

Colbert took a few parting shots at his former bosses at CBS and Paramount on his final show on Thursday.

President Trump compared Colbert to a 'dead person' in a post on his Truth Social page

President Trump compared Colbert to a ‘dead person’ in a post on his Truth Social page

But when Colbert finished the show, he took a few jabs at his former bosses at CBS and Paramount.

In his ‘Meanwhile’ segment, where the now-former late-night host discusses lesser-known news, Colbert shared a recent headline about how the owner of the music used in the ‘Peanuts’ animated specials has filed several lawsuits against those who stole the ‘Linus and Lucy’ song without permission.

“Now ‘Peanuts’ is a strong brand and company in its own right,” Colbert said. ‘Anyone who uses this music illegally will have to pay for it.’

At this point his band started playing the tune.

‘Louis, is the band currently playing the same ‘Peanuts’ music that I just said people are being sued for using without permission?’ asked singer Louis Cato. He nodded and continued.

“Oh no, I hope this doesn’t cost CBS anything,” Colbert said sarcastically.

Later, in a pre-recorded track as the star-studded final episode drew to a close, Colbert went to investigate what was causing “technical difficulties” during his show — only to find a swirling green vortex.

Famous astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson later explained that this was an ‘interdimensional wormhole’ resulting from his show being canceled despite being ‘number one in late night’.

This dilemma, he said, “creates a rift in the comedy-variety-talk continuum” and threatens to destroy “all of late-night television.”

In the pre-recorded clip, Colbert during his show

In the pre-recorded clip, Colbert went to investigate what was causing “technical difficulties” during his show but found a swirling green vortex.

Colbert recently shared a headline about how the owner of the music used in the 'Peanuts' animated special has filed several lawsuits against those who stole the song 'Linus and Lucy' without permission.

Colbert recently shared a headline about how the owner of the music used in the ‘Peanuts’ animated special has filed several lawsuits against those who stole the song ‘Linus and Lucy’ without permission.

Former mentor Jon Stewart also appeared in a pre-recorded clip to 'make a statement' on behalf of Paramount

Former mentor Jon Stewart also appeared in a pre-recorded clip to ‘make a statement’ on behalf of Paramount

While considering what to do next, Colbert’s onetime mentor Jon Stewart appeared likely to ‘make a statement’ on behalf of Paramount.

Stewart hosts ‘The Daily Show’ on Comedy Central once a week. Both Comedy Central and CBS are owned by Paramount.

‘Paramount feels strongly that both sides of any black hole swallowing everything we know and love should be covered, and coverage should also include the upside of the insatiable void,’ he said.

The joke appeared to be a not-so-subtle jab at CBS News President Bari Weiss, who has argued that the network should include more conservative voices and once canceled ’60 Minutes’ over President Donald Trump’s deportation plan, which she deemed too one-sided.

He was later joined by late-night comedians Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, John Oliver and Seth Meyers.

He was later joined by late-night comedians Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, John Oliver and Seth Meyers.

The wormhole segment then concluded with late-night comedians Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, John Oliver, and Seth Meyers offering their perspectives.

“Late nights won’t be the same without you,” Kimmel said.

‘Yeah, if not you, who will America turn to to see a middle-aged white man joking about the news?’ added Meyers, a reference to the late-night scene that makes up the demographic.

Kimmel later said: ‘One of these holes opened up in my exhibition last year, but disappeared three days later.’

The joke was about Jimmy Kimmel Live being briefly canceled last year following backlash to his joke about Charlie Kirk’s assassination.

Finally Oliver said: ‘This can happen to all our shows – but the important thing to remember is that it will eat you up tonight.’

Fans gathered outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York for Colbert's final show

Fans gathered outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York for Colbert’s final show

But Colbert, who replaced Letterman at the helm of The Late Show in 2015, was mostly candid about his cancellation.

He thanked CBS and TV viewers for their support of the program when he first announced it.

‘I’m not being replaced. All of this is disappearing,” he told fans at the time.

‘I just want to say that the folks at CBS are great partners… And to the audiences who join us every night here, out there, and around the world, I’m grateful to you.’

Colbert has since returned to Warner Bros. with his 27-year-old son Peter McGee and Philippa Boyens. He secured a post-cancellation job penning a new Lord of the Rings film for the New York Times, which was announced at Tolkien Reading Day on March 25.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button