Trump-Kennedy Center vandalism suspect sought by FBI in ice rink attack

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Surveillance video and images of a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink were released Saturday as federal authorities investigated what authorities described as a “targeted attack.”
Trump-Kennedy Center President and Ambassador Richard Grenell shared the images on social media and called on the public to help identify the suspect.
“Help us find this terrorist suspect who attacked the Trump Kennedy Center,” he wrote.
He added: “Notice his shoes and umbrella.”
TRUMP-KENNEDY CENTER DETAILS MAJOR REPAIRS, WARNING THE PLACE CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT FIXES
Surveillance footage released on Saturday, February 21, 2026, shows a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink. (Richard Grenell via X)
U.S. Park Police have obtained video footage, seized what authorities described as a toxic chemical container for DNA processing and are reviewing cell phone tower data. Investigators are also looking into nearby cameras, including Metro bus footage showing the suspect. The FBI is assisting with the investigation.
The Trump-Kennedy Center previously described the incident as a “calculated, malicious attack.”
Roma Daravi, vice president of public affairs for the Trump-Kennedy Center, said in a statement to Fox News Digital on Friday: “Today, a targeted attack on the Trump Kennedy Center destroyed and destroyed our outdoor space, causing significant damage, and unfortunately we have to cancel tonight’s performance, but we are working feverishly to complete repairs so programs can resume tomorrow.”
TRUMP’S NAME WAS ADDED TO THE KENNEDY CENTER WITH THE UNANIMOUS VOTE OF THE BOARD TO RENAME THE HISTORICAL BUILDING.

A split image provided exclusively to Fox News Digital shows skaters rehearsing before the performance was canceled, as well as a dark substance spreading across the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink. Officials said the video footage was handed over to authorities. (Courtesy Trump-Kennedy Center)
He continued: “We have handed over the video footage to authorities who will investigate this calculated, malicious attack and hold those responsible to account.”
Officials said a brown-black substance spilled onto the ice surface, leaving behind a gallon-sized container. The leadership described the substance as “poisonous.” The exact chemical has not been made public.
The Trump-Kennedy Center confirmed to Fox News Digital that the U.S. Park Police is investigating and surveillance video has also been submitted to the FBI for review.
LEAVITT VOTES THE BOARD TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE KENNEDY CENTER TO ‘TRUMP-KENNEDY CENTER’

Surveillance footage released on Feb. 21, 2026, shows a suspect accused of vandalizing the Trump-Kennedy Center’s outdoor ice rink, authorities said. (Courtesy Trump-Kennedy Center)
Daravi later said authorities seized the chemical container and were examining digital and cell phone data as part of the investigation.
In a separate post linking to Fox News Digital’s exclusive coverage of the incident, Grenell wrote:
“This is so sad and unnecessary; @TheDemocrats are calling artists, urging them to cancel, and constantly attacking the Center. This is a calculated campaign. And now mentally unstable people are taking action and damaging the Center. We’ve seen serious death threats and constant harassment. Common-sense Democrats must speak out before this violence takes lives.”
KENNEDY CENTER INDICES THAT ‘PRE-LEFT PREJUDICE’ HAS INCREASED WITHIN THE SCOPE OF RATINGS. 1 DEMOGRAPHIC CONNECTION
No suspects have been identified publicly. Authorities have not publicly disclosed a reason.
Vandalism caused the cancellation of a planned performance at the outdoor rink.

The video, released on Saturday, February 21, 2026, shows a suspect in connection with what authorities described as a “targeted attack” at the Trump-Kennedy Center. (Richard Grenell via X)
Authorities have previously stated that violence “will not be tolerated” and that those responsible will be held accountable.
In December 2025, the board of trustees voted unanimously to rename the facility “Donald J. Trump and John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts.”
President Donald Trump was later elected chairman of the board.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Saturday.
Ambassador Grenell urges anyone with information to call 202-416-7900 or contact the U.S. Park Police.



