Trump LIVE: Iran ceasefire in tatters after ‘blatant’ missile attacks | World | News

Donald Trump’s ceasefire seems on the verge of collapse It comes after Iran launched a series of “blatant” missile and drone attacks on its Gulf neighbors. The US President boasted last night that there was no doubt that the US had won a “complete and total victory” in the war against the Islamic Republic, which America launched together with Israel on February 28.
Trump and Washington came under increasing pressure after Iran closed the Strait of Hormuz by threatening to attack ships. The vital waterway typically carries around 20% of the world’s oil and gas resources.
Last night, Iran’s Foreign Minister said a ceasefire had been agreed if US attacks “stopped”. But today (Wednesday) the two-week-old peace deal looks problematic as Gulf states Kuwait, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates reported Iranian drone and missile attacks.
“The Ministry of Defense announced that Iran’s apparent attacks since the ceasefire came into force have reached 17 ballistic missiles and 35 unmanned aerial vehicles, and its air defenses have successfully dealt with them,” the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Defense said in a statement.
Elsewhere in the region, conflict between Israel and Iranian proxy terrorist forces in Lebanon has intensified, with attacks by the Israeli Defense Forces killing at least 112 people, according to Lebanon’s health ministry.
Wednesday’s final count includes one of the deadliest days of this latest war between Israel and the Hezbollah militant group, with widespread attacks in central Beirut that occurred without warning and injured at least 837 people.
More than 1,500 people were killed and more than 1 million people were displaced in Lebanon last month.




