google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Trump says he’s called off Iran strike planned for Tuesday at request of Gulf allies

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump He said he’s been waiting for a while Military attack on Iran It was scheduled for Tuesday because “serious negotiations” are ongoing.

Trump’s announcement in a social media post on Monday came as he threatened that the clock would be ticking for Iran to take action against Iran. make a deal or the fighting would restart after a fragile ceasefire.

The president did not elaborate on the planned attack, but instructed the US military to “be prepared to launch a full-scale, full-scale attack against Iran at once if an acceptable agreement is not reached.”

Trump had not previously announced plans for an attack for May 19, but warned over the weekend: “The Clock is Ticking for Iran and they better act FAST or there will be nothing left of them.”

Trump had been changing the parameters of reaching such a deal for weeks, threatening that the ceasefire reached in mid-April could end if Iran did not reach a deal.

Trump said in his social media post that he canceled the planned attack at the request of his allies in the Middle East, including the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Trump repeatedly set deadlines for Tehran and then backtracked.

Trump recently met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Chinese President Xi Jinping about the Iran war.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button