Two children, 4 and 12, and woman found dead as police describe ‘horrific’ scene | World | News

Two children and a woman were found dead in their own home, a man was arrested and the scene was described by police as “very traumatic and horrific”.
There, they found the bodies of a 46-year-old woman and two children, ages 12 and 4, inside the property. Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney told Nine News’ morning show today that police understand he was “related to the 47-year-old man charged in connection with the deaths of the deceased and the two children”.
He described the scene to reporters as “a very traumatic scene, a very scary scene” and confirmed that Md Shomon-Ahamed, 47, had been detained at a property in Campbelltown where the bodies were found.
He was found in the same house as bodies with lacerations and other significant injuries. Acting Inspector Michael Moroney said the alleged crime was ‘particularly violent’ in nature, but refused to reveal details of the weapons reportedly seized from the property; He merely stated that investigators found “a few items” inside but confirmed that no firearms were involved.
Moroney told reporters Monday evening that Shomon-Ahamed had no prior police record and detectives were not looking for any suspects.
He said although there was no suggestion that mental health issues played a role, this would be examined as part of the ongoing investigation.
A significant police presence remained on the street in the Sydney suburb into the evening as officers maintained the scene around the cordoned-off property. Police tape surrounded the house, marked vehicles lined the road and police officers were seen working in the front garden, Nine News reported.
The investigation is being carried out by Campbelltown detectives with the assistance of the State Crime Command homicide squad, while police have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
The harrowing discovery was made just hours after NSW Police announced hundreds of arrests had been made during a statewide crackdown targeting repeat domestic violence offenders.
“This doesn’t seem to be something that’s on our radar today in terms of police recognition,” Moroney said. “However, I can reassure the public that domestic violence is a top priority for NSW Police and we will continue to target DV offenders.”




