US attack on Venezuela triggers spike in late-night pizza orders near Pentagon: What does this mean?

Pentagon Pizza Report, an account that tracks such activity and reports on X, highlighted a sudden increase in visitors to Pizzato Pizza early Saturday morning. Here’s more on this topic.
The United States attacked Venezuela early on Saturday.
As the United States launched a massive assault on Caracas, Venezuela, a pizza shop near the Pentagon saw an unusually large spike in orders late Saturday night, January 3.
High activity and sales at fast-food chains near the U.S. military headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, are usually an indication of one thing: U.S. security is on high alert and working.
Pentagon Pizza Report, an account that tracks such activity and reports on X, highlighted a sudden increase in visitors to Pizzato Pizza early Saturday morning.
“Pizzato Pizza, a late-night pizza restaurant near the Pentagon, has suddenly seen a significant increase in customers. As of 2:04 a.m. (Eastern Time),” it said.
In another post, account X reported that activity at the pizza outlet continued until 3:05 a.m. Eastern Time.
Interestingly, the Pentagon Pizza report later stated that after seeing an increase in traffic for about an hour and a half, at 3:44 a.m. Eastern time, the store was “completely empty and reporting nearly zero traffic.”
In June last year, when Israel planned to launch an airstrike on Iran as part of Operation Lion, the fast food chain near the Pentagon experienced a similar increase.
USA Attacked Venezuela
US President Donald Trump, in his post on the social media platform Truthout, stated that his Venezuelan counterpart Nicolas Maduro and his wife Cilia Flores were “caught” and “deported”. This incident occurred after the United States “successfully” launched a large-scale attack against Venezuela.
“This operation was conducted in cooperation with U.S. law enforcement,” Trump wrote, adding that a press conference would be held at Mar-a-Lago at 11 a.m. local time.
Hours before Trump’s official statement, violent explosions were heard around Caracas, the capital of Venezuela. The incident started around 02:00 local time on Saturday.
Numerous photos and videos on social media show scores of buildings burning across the city. Power went out near a major military base in the southern part of Caracas. This is the first direct US intervention in a Latin American country since the 1989 invasion of Panama to remove Manuel Noriega from power.
Venezuela’s Response
The Venezuelan government, which declared a national emergency, strongly criticized the US “military aggression”.
President Maduro’s government stated that it “rejects, denounces and denounces before the international community the extremely serious military aggression carried out by the current government of the United States against the territory and people of Venezuela.”
The US President recently accused Maduro of leading a drug cartel and said it would be “wise” for Maduro to resign.
Asked by reporters last month whether Washington’s threats were aimed at forcing Maduro to resign after 12 years in power, Trump said: “It’s up to him what he wants to do. I think he would be wise to do that.”
“If he wants to do something, if he takes a tough stance, it will be the last time he takes a tough stance,” AFP quoted the US president as saying. he said.
Also read: Who is Maduro’s wife, Cilia Flores, who was ‘captured’ by the USA during Trump’s ‘invasion’ of Venezuela?


