google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

US envoys to join Gaza peace talks in Egypt

US special ambassador Steve Witkoff and US President Donald Trump’s son -in -law Jared Kushner will participate in the Gaza Peace Plan negotiations between Israeli and Hamasi negotiators in Egypt on Wednesday.

A senior Palestinian official BBC, familiar with negotiations, said that their arrival ended without a concrete result of the second day of the indirect talks on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, when Israel commemorated the second anniversary of Hamas attacks on October 7, Trump exhibited a positive tone by saying, “We have a possibility to achieve peace in the Middle East.”

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu He did not comment on the status of the talks, but the Israelis said that they were “on the days of the decision of fate”.

Netanyahu added that he would continue to take action to achieve Israel’s war goals in his sending on X: “All of the kidnapped, the elimination of the Hamas regime, and Gaza will no longer pose a threat to Israel”.

A source familiar with the talks told BBC that Witkoff and Kushner were expected to leave the United States on Tuesday evening and arrive in Egypt on Wednesday.

A official who spoke to the Reuters news agency, said that Qatar Prime Minister Sheikh Muhammad bin Abdul Rahman Al Thani, who is seen as a key mediator, will also attend the talks.

Authorized, Al Thani’s participation, “Gaza Armistice Plan and the release of hostages to advance the agreement,” he said.

Qatar Foreign Minister and the President of the Turkish Intelligence is expected to join him.

A senior Palestinian official, who is familiar with negotiations, said that the indirect talks started on Tuesday at 19:00 (16:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

Authorized, Israel’s proposed withdrawal maps on the proposed withdrawal maps and the first stage of the agreement after the first stage of Israel that Israel will not continue the war on guarantees that the morning session ended without a concrete result, he said.

He added that the talks were “challenging and no real progress has been achieved yet, but he said that the mediators are working hard to narrow the gaps between the two sides.

Previously, a Palestinian official said that negotiations were focused on five basic issues: permanent ceasefire; Palestinian prisoners and prisoners in Gaza; The withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza; Regulations on humanitarian delivery; and the post -war management of the region.

Halil al-Hayya, Chief Negotiator of Hamas, which Israel was targeted in a series of attacks on Qatar last month, said that the group of Al Qahera News on the Egyptian state, according to the Reuters news agency, said that the group “attempting serious and responsible negotiations”.

Al-Hayya, Hamas is ready to reach an agreement, but the war does not start again and ending “guarantees” said he needed.

High -level HAMAS official Fawzi Barhum said that group negotiators are trying to eliminate all the obstacles to an agreement that meets the wishes of our people.

Trump said that the possibility of peace is “beyond even the situation in Gaza”, “We want hostages to be released immediately,” he said.

Speaking on the anniversary of the October 7 attacks, the most deadly day for the Jews since the Holocaust, the UN Secretary General António Guterres called all sides to accept Trump’s peace plan and described it as a “historical opportunity to end this tragic conflict”.

Public opinion polls now show that approximately 70 %of the Israelis want to end the war in exchange for the release of hostages.

The Israeli Army launched an operation in Gaza in response to the attack, which was organized to the south of Israel on October 7, 2023 under the leadership of Hamas and killed about 1,200 people and hostage.

According to the Ministry of Health under the direction of Hamas in the region, at least 67,160 people were killed, including 18,000 children in Israel’s military operations in Gaza since then. The figures are reliable by the UN and other international organizations.

In August, an UN -supported institution, Integrated Food Safety Stage Classification (IPC), said that more than half a million people in Gaza were faced with “disaster” conditions characterized by “hunger, poverty and death”.

Netanyahu repeatedly rejected hunger in Gaza.

The United Nations Investigation Commission, in a report categorically rejected by the Israeli Foreign Ministry on the grounds that it was “distorted and wrong”, found that Israel has been genocide against Palestinians in Gaza.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button