Eight Suspects With Bangladeshi and ISI Links Arrested in Tamil Nadu

New Delhi: According to Delhi Police sources, eight suspects, including a Bangladeshi national, were arrested for allegedly planning a major terror plot in Tamil Nadu on the orders of Pakistani intelligence agency ISI and Bangladeshi extremist organisations.
Earlier, six accused – Mizanur Rahman, Mohammad Shabat, Umar, Mohammad Litan, Mohammad Shahid and Mohammad Ujjal – were arrested in Tamil Nadu and taken to Delhi. Police said dozens of mobile phones and SIM cards were seized from them.
According to authorities, the suspects were publishing content supporting Pakistan-based terrorist organizations on social media. Two of the accused were arrested from Uthukuli, three from Palladem and one from Thirumuruganpoondi district. They were allegedly working in the garment industry by hiding their identities using fake Aadhaar cards.
The police seized 8 mobile phones and 16 SIM cards during the operation. All the accused are being brought to Delhi by train and further investigation is ongoing. Police sources said the suspects carried out reconnaissance in many cities and allegedly put up “Free Kashmir” posters in Delhi.
Two more arrests were made in West Bengal. Delhi Police is in the process of bringing all the suspects from Tamil Nadu to the national capital for further interrogation. During the searches, authorities seized many mobile phones and SIM cards.
Police sources said that the accused communicated with each other through social media platforms. A group of four of the eight allegedly went to Delhi during the Artificial Intelligence Summit and put up “Free Kashmir” and other incriminating posters in a metro station before returning to Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Further interrogation is expected to establish possible links with Bangladeshi tanzeems (organisations).
Earlier, an intelligence alert had been issued in the national capital following warnings of a possible terrorist threat near the Red Fort area. Sources stated that terrorists may target a temple in Chandni Chowk area.
According to intelligence inputs, important religious places, including areas around the Red Fort and parts of Chandni Chowk, continue to remain on the radar of Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
The inputs suggest that the group may be planning an improvised explosive device (IED) attack and a temple in Chandni Chowk area could be a potential target.
Sources also claimed that the organization was trying to take revenge for the explosion at a mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, on February 6 and may be planning a major attack in India.
Intelligence sources said, “Explosion alert in front of the Red Fort in Delhi. Terrorists may target a temple in Chandni Chowk. Lashkar-e-Taiba is planning an IED attack. They are planning a major terrorist attack in India to take revenge for the mosque explosion in Islamabad, Pakistan on February 6. Major temples in the country may be targeted.”
Sources added that major temples across the country may remain on the group’s radar, pointing to growing security concerns at major religious sites.



