Shia LaBeouf breaks silence after Mardi Gras arrest

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Shia LaBeouf broke his silence on Wednesday, nearly 24 hours after he was arrested on simple battery charges in New Orleans.
“Release me,” LaBeouf wrote on social media just after 2 a.m. Earlier in the day, the “Transformers” actor was spotted celebrating Mardi Gras and dancing on Bourbon Street with eviction papers in his mouth. WGNO reported.
Before his arrest, LaBeouf showed off an arsenal of colorful Mardi Gras-themed ornaments in a selfie shared on X.
LaBeouf’s whirlwind day began with an early morning bar fight in the city’s Faubourg Marigny district. Authorities responded to a simple battery incident in the 1400 block of Royal Street at approximately 12:45 a.m. Tuesday, where two male victims reported being assaulted. New Orleans Police Department (NOPD).
SHIA LABEOUF ARRESTED IN NEW ORLEANS AFTER VIOLENT ARGUMENTS AT MARDI GRAS
Less than 24 hours after his arrest on a battery charge, Shia LaBeouf broke his silence with a two-word message shared on social media. (Dave Bennett)
LaBeouf reportedly “caused a disturbance and became increasingly aggressive at a business on Royal Street.” Police said LaBeouf allegedly used his “closed fists on the victim several times” when a staff member tried to remove the actor from the establishment.
SHIA LABEOUF CLAIMS FKA TWIGS ‘SAVED MY LIFE’, GOT 627 DAYS SOBER AFTER EX’S ABUSE ALLEGATIONS
“Victims reported that LaBeouf left but later returned and acted even more aggressively.”
Multiple people allegedly tried to keep LaBeouf out of the Faubourg workplace, holding out hope that LaBeouf would eventually leave.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
The “Even Stevens” actor reportedly struck the same victim again with “closed fists across the victim’s upper body” before allegedly attacking another person by punching him in the nose.
“LaBeouf was detained again until the police arrived,” police said. “He was taken to the hospital for treatment of unknown injuries. After his release, he was arrested and charged with two counts of simple battery.”
Representatives for LaBeouf did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

Police said in a statement to Fox News Digital that Shia LaBeouf “caused a disturbance at a business on Royal Street and became increasingly aggressive.” (Stefanie Rex/dpa)
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
The “Redeemable” star was previously arrested and charged with one count of misdemeanor battery and one count of misdemeanor theft for a burglary and battery incident that occurred in June 2020.
LaBeouf in the narrow sense avoided prison time and was ordered to attend private therapy at least once a week to work on anger management, continue to monitor his alcohol by wearing a Soberlink device, and submit to random alcohol testing.
His ex-girlfriend, FKA Twigs, accused him of sexual battery, assault and infliction of emotional distress in a lawsuit filed in 2020.

Shia LaBeouf and FKA Twigs met on the set of the movie “Honey Boy” before dating for eight months. (seen in 2018) (Melodie Jeng//GC Images)
Twigs, full name British singer Tahliah Debrett BarnettThey met Shia while working on the 2018 film “Honey Boy” and dated for eight months until their relationship ended in 2019.
In the case he filedShe accused LaBeouf of “knowingly” giving her a sexually transmitted disease and described the abuse throughout their relationship as “brutal.” He also claimed he would “squeeze or grab her to the point of bruising.”
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
He denied most of the allegations at the time and stated that he was trying to recover because he had not yet recovered.PTSD and alcoholism.” In July 2025, Twigs settled the lawsuit against LaBeouf.




