google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

19 Bangladesh nationals among 511 arrested in Uttarakhand’s three districts under Operation Kalnemi

Image used for representation

Officials said that a total of 511 people, including 19 Bangladeshis, have been arrested so far in three districts of Uttarakhand as part of ‘Operation Kalnemi’.

Operation Kalnemi is a state-wide campaign launched by the government of Uttarakhand in July 2025 to detect, crack down on and arrest persons indulging in illegal activities such as hypocrisy and fraud under the guise of religion and belief.

The identities of more than 4,800 people have been verified in Haridwar, Dehradun and Udham Singh Nagar districts and 511 of them have been arrested, the government said on Friday (December 26).

In the statement, it was stated that among those arrested there were 19 Bangladeshis residing illegally in the state, 10 of them were sent back to the neighboring country, and the investigation into the other nine was ongoing.

Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the campaign is not against any particular community but is aimed at maintaining law and order and the dignity of ‘Devbhoomi’.

Mr. Dhami further clarified that faith will be respected but its commission under the guise of crime, hypocrisy and fraud will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button