google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

Gurugram schools receive bomb threats, declared hoax after search

Searches are being carried out at a school premises in Gurugram on Wednesday. | Photo Credit: SPECIAL EDITING

Nearly a dozen private schools in Gurugram received bomb threats via email on Wednesday; After hours of searches by police teams, they were declared fake.

The threatening emails that prompted authorities to suspend classes were traced to the US, a police source said, adding that an FIR has been registered. More than a thousand police personnel, five bomb detection and disposal teams and three dog teams carried out extensive searches of the school building. School officials informed the parents and asked them to pick up their children, causing panic.

Shortly after receiving the emails, school officials notified parents and asked them to pick up their children, sparking panic. However, schools assured parents that students would be taken care of until they gather. Students who reached their schools by bus were dropped off at their homes. A parent, writer Aditi Mathur Kumar, wrote about

Heritage Xperiential Learning School in Sector 62, one of the institutions that received the threat, told parents: “In the early hours of the morning, the school received several threats via email. Taking immediate action and in line with our unwavering commitment to the safety of our students and staff, we have taken the precautionary decision to suspend school activities for the day.”

The school added that the matter was reported immediately and a thorough assessment was carried out by police and security agencies. XII., scheduled to be held on Wednesday. Classes Board practice exams were also rescheduled. The threats come on the heels of similar bomb threats against several private schools in Noida last week.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button