google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Brit convicted over displaying Nazi imagery in Australia months after visa cancelled

A British national has been found guilty of displaying Nazi images in Australia, months after authorities confirmed his visa had been cancelled.

Kayn Man Charles Wells pleaded guilty in Queensland’s Caboolture Magistrates Court on Monday to displaying a prohibited Nazi symbol and using a transport service to threaten, harass or cause harm.

The 43-year-old was arrested by the Australian Federal Police in December and placed on immigration detention.

He was sentenced to a three-year compensation order totaling AU$5,000 (£2,662).

According to the regulation imposed by the court, Wells must remain in good standing for three years, otherwise he risks being ordered to pay the full amount.

In December, Australian home affairs minister Tony Burke confirmed reports that Wells’ visa had been cancelled.

On Monday, an Australian Department of Home Affairs spokesman said he could not comment on individual cases when asked about Wells’ deportation.

Mr Burke told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation at the time: “Almost everyone who has a visa in our country is a good guest and a welcome guest.

“But if someone comes here for hate purposes, they can leave.”

He added: “He came here to hate; he can’t stay here.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button