google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

London Underground strikes: Tube drivers walk-out cancelled after last-minute talks

The RMT union has confirmed that strikes by London Underground drivers planned for tomorrow and Thursday have been cancelled.

The Railways, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union had previously announced that its members would have to go on work stoppage for 24 hours, starting from noon on Tuesday, May 19, and again on Thursday, May 21.

A union spokesman said: “At the 11th hour the employer changed its position to allow us to further investigate our members’ concerns about the implementation of new rosters, fatigue and safety issues.

“The dispute is not over and if we do not make sufficient progress further strike action will follow.”

Strikes planned for June 16 and 18 were also canceled, but the union announced new 24-hour strike dates of June 2 and 4 if the dispute is not resolved.

The union says its members oppose a new four-day working week underground.

More to follow…

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button