google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Made In Chelsea star Ollie Locke mourns the loss of his custom Union Jack Jaguar as he discovers it ‘rotting on a driveway’ following his ‘humiliating’ eviction

Ollie Locke mourned the loss of his custom Union Jack Jaguar XK8 in an Instagram post on Monday after discovering it was ‘rotting in the driveway’.

The 39-year-old Made In Chelsea star appeared on TV for the first time wearing Union Jack print trousers and a matching car.

A photo of the vehicle was shared this week on a Facebook page called ‘Sitting There Rotting in the Driveway’.

Ollie was disappointed to see the 1997 treasure neglected and asked ‘Who owns this now?’ he begged.

He wrote: ‘This breaks my heart… my old car I gave up 13 years ago… don’t worry about the flag if you’re upset.. it was fine then!

‘It was the best car to drive! I had so many memories personally and on the show! Now who owns this?’

Ollie joked about being a ‘show-off’ when he first appeared on Made In Chelsea in 2021 in 2011.

Ollie Locke, 39, mourned the loss of his custom Union Jack Jaguar XK8 after discovering it was “rotting in the driveway” in an Instagram post on Monday.

Ollie was disappointed to see the 1997 treasure neglected and asked 'Who owns this now?' he begged.

Ollie was disappointed to see the 1997 treasure neglected and asked ‘Who owns this now?’ he begged.

‘You can’t fake this stuff,’ Ollie said Guard. ‘I think in the beginning we were all excited versions of ourselves.

‘My Union Jack car is a good example of this! ‘TV me’ was like my alter ego. I’d wear hoodies and jeans, and then I’d go on set wearing ridiculous sweaters and stuff. But this got me into a bit of trouble.

‘I felt I was going to be a parody of myself, so I cut off all my hair in series five.’

Earlier this month, Ollie revealed that she and husband Gareth had quietly moved to the countryside after being evicted from their £4million London home over unpaid rent.

The reality TV couple were forced to leave their Chelsea home earlier this year amid a rising rent scandal that left a £45,000 bill still unpaid.

Last month the couple and their two-year-old twins Apollo and Cosima were spotted at another rental property in south-west London’s leafy enclave of Barnes, a stone’s throw away from Ollie’s best friend Binky Felstead.

This property was thought to be far from a bargain and was worth around the same value as their former Chelsea home, but it seems the couple have decided their life in London is finally over.

Sharing to his 545 thousand Instagram followers on Sunday, 39-year-old Ollie shared a summary of their new life in the countryside and announced that they had moved to the South coast.

“After 20 years and a million adventures, I decided to live my childhood dream and move to the countryside,” he told his fans.

‘We left Waterloo for the last time as Londoners and headed for the chickens from Chelsea. ‘I’m uncle to seven chicks now and the kids love them.’

‘I’m building a new adventure on the south coast where kids can live their best lives.’

The reality star also unveiled a new business venture, adding: ‘So we’re looking forward to seeing Ollie in a new countryside setting up a new business, making new friends and I’m sure there will be lots of challenges in the countryside.’

‘Instead of getting my hands dirty with country life rather than the King’s Road, come with me to make this adventure unforgettable.’

As the Daily Mail revealed earlier this year, Ollie and Gareth, 37, have failed to pay three months’ rent on their former four-bedroom home just off King’s Road, Chelsea; this debt amounted to £25,000.

When the sum remained unpaid, late fees and legal fees were added the total rose to £45,000, resulting in the couple being forced to vacate under threat of eviction.

The Made In Chelsea star first appeared on our TV screens wearing Union Jack print trousers and matching car (filmed in 2011)

The Made In Chelsea star first appeared on our TV screens wearing Union Jack print trousers and matching car (filmed in 2011)

Ollie and husband Gareth have quietly moved to the countryside after being evicted from their £4million London home over unpaid rent earlier this month.

Ollie and husband Gareth have quietly moved to the countryside after being evicted from their £4million London home over unpaid rent earlier this month.

They are held liable for any costs owed, as well as a third tenant who lives at the property and is named in the lease. He paid his rent directly to Ollie and Gareth but the money was not transferred to the landlord.

Ollie said he felt ‘humiliated’ and had a ‘breakdown’ due to the stress of the situation, adding that he and Gareth were ‘100 per cent’ determined to repay the money owed so they could move on with their lives.

Gareth told the Daily Mail they had every intention of paying back the money they were owed and stressed they were a ‘normal family’ with a budget like everyone else.

He said: ‘Everyone has financial problems, like paying their credit card bill late or paying their rent late.’

Ollie later offered a new perspective on his ‘humiliating’ financial struggles, revealing he spent nearly £500,000 on in vitro fertilization and surrogacy on his fatherhood journey.

Ollie told the Daily Mail that she sold her former home to fund husband Gareth’s treatment before the couple welcome their twins via surrogacy in July 2023.

In an exclusive interview, Ollie opened up about the emotional toll they experienced on the road to parenthood; this included the loss of six pregnancies, causing significant financial and personal difficulties.

The couple also faced further delays during the Covid-19 pandemic, expanding their efforts to start and raise a family.

Ollie said: ‘When it came to IVF, we got advice from people who said, I think you should probably look at £150,000. I said okay if remortgage If I had a house I could get enough money to do this.

‘We sold the house and someone made us a reasonable offer, which we accepted. But at that point we had to. Bills went through the roof and we lost six growing babies to miscarriage and eventually got two but it cost us £500,000.

‘We wanted these kids so bad but we didn’t expect to live for four years because of Covid and all the laws.’

He stated that the couple’s financial priorities changed after they became parents, and the costs of raising their twins, born at 31 weeks, continued to increase.

Due to the ‘occasional’ nature of their careers as TV stars and influencers, Gareth insisted having a full-time nanny was a must, but added that full-time childcare was ‘expensive’.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button