Middle East crisis live: Trump warns ‘clock is ticking’ for Iran to reach peace deal | US-Israel war on Iran

Trump warns clock is ticking for Iran to reach peace deal
We are resuming our coverage of the US-Israeli war against Iran and Israel’s war against Lebanon. Donald Trump gave a very stern warning Iranian quickly reach a peace agreement WE or you face destruction.
As Washington struggles to break the deadlock on ending the war, the US president said on the Truth Social platform on Sunday: “The Clock is Ticking for Iran and they better act FAST or there will be nothing left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!”
According to a report in the US-based publication Axios, Trump is expected to meet with senior national security advisers on Tuesday to discuss options for military action against Iran.
It came as a drone attack United Arab Emirates It caused a fire at a nuclear power plant, which the country called “dangerous voltage” and blamed on Iran or its proxies. Saudi Arabia He reported that three UAVs were seized.
Tehran demands permanent ceasefire Lebanon Before a broader peace agreement was reached with Washington.
7 people died in Israeli air strikes on Lebanon on Sunday. Islamic Jihad Lebanese officials and state media say commander, despite fragile ceasefire Hezbollah He described the negotiations between the two countries, mediated by the United States, as a “dead end”.
In other important developments:
-
Iranian media said that the USA did not make concrete concessions in its latest reaction Iran’s proposed agenda for negotiations to end the war. Washington has presented a five-point list that includes demands that Iran keep only one nuclear facility operational and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States, Fars news agency said on Sunday.
-
Islamic Jihad commander Wael Abdel Halim and his 17-year-old daughter were killed in an Israeli missile attack on an apartment in eastern Lebanon. Lebanese state media said this on Sunday. Five people, including two children, were killed and at least 15 injured in Israeli attacks on towns in southern Lebanon, the Lebanese health ministry said, even though Israel and Lebanon agreed to extend the ceasefire for 45 days.
-
Hezbollah fired about 200 rounds at Israel and its soldiers over the weekend, an Israeli military official said Sunday.
-
The Israeli cabinet has approved a plan to build a defense complex on the site of the recently demolished building of the UN High Commissioner for Palestine Refugees (Unrwa) in East Jerusalem. Israel seized the site last year, an action the agency condemned as a violation of international law.
important events
Israeli forces intervened GazaThe aid fleet set out on Monday after setting off from Türkiye last week.
“Military ships are currently intercepting our fleet and IDF forces are currently boarding our first boat in broad daylight,” the Global Sumud Fleet said on X.
“We demand safe passage to our legal, non-violent humanitarian mission. Governments must act immediately to stop these illegal acts or piracy aimed at continuing Israel’s genocidal siege of Gaza. The normalization of the violence of the occupation is a threat to us all.”
About 50 ships set out from southwestern Türkiye on Thursday as part of the flotilla heading to Gaza to challenge Israel’s naval blockade of Gaza and try to reach the region devastated by relentless Israeli attacks with humanitarian aid. On Monday, Israel had vowed to block the ships.
“Israel will not allow any violation of the legal naval blockade of Gaza,” the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on X. “Israel calls on all participants in this provocation to change course and return immediately.”
Iran’s revised offer to end war shared with US
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei also confirmed at the press conference that Tehran had responded to the new US proposal to end the war.
“As we announced yesterday, our concerns have been conveyed to the American side,” he told reporters.
Baghaei said talks “are continuing through a Pakistani mediator,” without giving details.
Citing a source, Reuters news agency reported this morning that Pakistan shared Iran’s revised peace proposal with the United States.
“We don’t have much time,” the source told Reuters when asked whether it would take time to bridge the gap, adding that both countries “keep changing their goals.”
It is not immediately clear what is in the revised proposal, but Iran’s previous demands reportedly include compensation for war damage, an end to Israel’s war in Lebanon and a US blockade of Iranian ports, guarantees of no further attacks on Iran, and recognition of Iran’s sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz; The USA rejected this.
Washington has reportedly lost patience with Iran’s negotiators and is considering resuming military operations if Tehran does not make the kind of concessions it wants from its nuclear program.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei speaks at a press conference.
He told reporters that Iranian and Omani technical teams met in Oman to discuss a mechanism for safe passage in the Strait of Hormuz, a strategic water area between Iran, the UAE and Oman at the center of the impasse in peace talks. Al Jazeera reports.
About one-fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas usually passes through the strait. However, Iran closed the shipping route to so-called “enemy” countries in response to an attack by Israel and the United States on February 28, causing global energy prices to rise and bills for consumers worldwide to rise.
Iran has effectively closed the strait by attacking or simply threatening to attack some ships, and told others not affiliated with the United States or Israel they can pass through the waterway if they pay a transit fee.
Donald Trump imposed a blockade on ships using Iranian ports on April 13 in an attempt to pressure Tehran to accept concessions to end the war, but this failed. The USA has repeatedly stated that there cannot be a permanent solution to the blockade, which involves paying a price to Iran, and claims that Oman has a similar opinion.
Oman’s foreign ministry condemned the drone strike that caused a fire around the UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant on Sunday.
In a statement shared with XThe ministry expressed its solidarity with the UAE but stressed that it rejected all “hostile and escalatory actions”, calling for dialogue to resolve regional issues and for international law to be respected by all parties.
The UAE did not say who launched the attack and there was no claim of responsibility. No injuries were reported and officials said there was no impact on radiological safety levels.
Trump warns clock is ticking for Iran to reach peace deal
We are resuming our coverage of the US-Israeli war against Iran and Israel’s war against Lebanon. Donald Trump gave a very stern warning Iranian quickly reach a peace agreement WE or you face destruction.
As Washington struggles to break the deadlock on ending the war, the US president said on the Truth Social platform on Sunday: “The Clock is Ticking for Iran and they better act FAST or there will be nothing left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!”
According to a report in the US-based publication Axios, Trump is expected to meet with senior national security advisers on Tuesday to discuss options for military action against Iran.
It came as a drone attack United Arab Emirates It caused a fire at a nuclear power plant, which the country called “dangerous voltage” and blamed on Iran or its proxies. Saudi Arabia He reported that three UAVs were seized.
Tehran demands permanent ceasefire Lebanon Before a broader peace agreement was reached with Washington.
7 people died in Israeli air strikes on Lebanon on Sunday. Islamic Jihad Lebanese officials and state media say commander, despite fragile ceasefire Hezbollah He described the negotiations between the two countries, mediated by the United States, as a “dead end”.
In other important developments:
-
Iranian media said that the USA did not make concrete concessions in its latest reaction Iran’s proposed agenda for negotiations to end the war. Washington has presented a five-point list that includes demands that Iran keep only one nuclear facility operational and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States, Fars news agency said on Sunday.
-
Islamic Jihad commander Wael Abdel Halim and his 17-year-old daughter were killed in an Israeli missile attack on an apartment in eastern Lebanon. Lebanese state media said this on Sunday. Five people, including two children, were killed and at least 15 injured in Israeli attacks on towns in southern Lebanon, the Lebanese health ministry said, even though Israel and Lebanon agreed to extend the ceasefire for 45 days.
-
Hezbollah fired about 200 rounds at Israel and its soldiers over the weekend, an Israeli military official said Sunday.
-
The Israeli cabinet has approved a plan to build a defense complex on the site of the recently demolished building of the UN High Commissioner for Palestine Refugees (Unrwa) in East Jerusalem. Israel seized the site last year, an action the agency condemned as a violation of international law.




