google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

IDF base holds ceremony marking second anniversary of Oct. 7 Hamas attack

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) held a ceremony at Nahal Oz base on Thursday to commemorate the second anniversary of the attack by Hamas terrorists on October 7, 2023.

The General Staff Forum, including IDF Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir and Yiska Steinberg, widow of former Nahal Brigade commander Colonel Yonatan Steinberg, attended the meeting. At 6.29am local time (the time when the attacks began in 2023), participants observed a minute of silence in memory of those who fell on October 7, 2023 and in the war that followed.

After the moment of silence, Colonel Ido Kass, who conducted the investigation into the conflict, explained the events that took place at the Nahal Oz base on October 7, 2023.

ISRAEL’S SECRET CAMPAIGN TARGETS THE HAMAS TERRORISTS BEHIND THE OCTOBER 7 MASSACRE

IDF soldiers salute during a commemoration ceremony marking the second anniversary of the attack on the Nahal Oz base on October 7, 2023. (IDF Spokesperson Unit)

In addition to the commemoration ceremony, members of the General Staff Forum participated in the panel titled “Memory, Responsibility, Heroism and Hope”. The panel also included Cpt. Bar Zonshine, who fought and commanded in communities near the Gaza Strip. Two former hostages, Chen and Agam Goldstein-Almog, also took part in the panel.

“Today, we are faced with the failure of October 7 and we look to our future with hope. We bow our heads before the civilians, commanders and soldiers who gave their lives heroically. Our commitment is to continue to accompany the grieving families, soldiers, the injured, and those who escaped captivity, spiritually and physically. Moreover, we will not rest and will not remain silent until we bring back the last hostages who died; this is a decision. It is a moral duty for us,” said Zamir.

“As per our commitment, we have conducted research on the wars and presented them to the communities. We continue to study, evaluate and apply lessons learned. The IDF will not repeat the mistakes of the past,” he added. “It is the IDF’s duty to emerge from the last two years in the direction of growth, renewal and hope.”

Eyal Zamir kneels and lays a wreath at Nahal Oz base

Israeli Chief of General Staff, Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir, laid a wreath in memory of those who were martyred at the Nahal Oz base in the massacre on October 7, 2023. (IDF Spokesperson Unit)

AFTER TRUMP WISHED ‘THE WAR IS OVER’, HAMAS EXECUTED ITS RIVALS IN GAZA TO REGAIN CONTROL

Zamir noted that stories of heroism emerged among the IDF’s failures on October 7. He said those who acted selflessly in the face of terror needed to be honored, announcing the establishment of the Decorations Committee, which would fulfill that mission.

Matan Angrest, one of 20 living hostages returned to Israel on Monday, was kidnapped while defending Nahal Oz on October 7, 2023.

Testimony from several hostages indicated that Angrest was subjected to particularly harsh treatment while in captivity, including starvation and torture. Jerusalem Post He reported that Angrest suffered from asthma, which worsened in the damp and damp tunnels.

Matan Angrest seen in front of the helicopter

Matan Angrest, one of the 20 living hostages who returned to Israel on October 13, 2025, was captured while defending the Nahal Oz base. (IDF Spokesperson Unit)

ISRAELI HOSTAGES MEET WITH THEIR FAMILIES IN EMOTIONAL MOMENTS

In April 2025, while Angrest was still in Gaza, former hostage Ron Krivoi, who was released from captivity in November 2023, spoke to Israel’s Channel 12 and said that Angrest had been severely abused by Hamas. Times of Israel.

According to The Times of Israel, Krivoi told Channel 12: “The interrogations he went through took place while he was still on Israeli territory; that’s where it all started. While he was on the road, they hooked him up to a car battery and tried to revive him. They electrocuted him using car batteries.” “They couldn’t question him. He probably wasn’t even in a position to talk because he was seriously injured. His injuries were so severe.”

CLICK TO REACH THE FOX NEWS APPLICATION

On Monday, all surviving hostages returned to Israel. Hamas has so far handed over the remains of only nine of the 28 dead hostages that the terrorist organization was required to hand over under the terms of the ceasefire. Two of the dead hostages whose bodies were found in Gaza are US citizens Omer Neutra and Itay Chen. Chen was killed fighting alongside Angrest.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button