Seven teenagers arrested over stabbing deaths of two boys in Melbourne | Melbourne

Seven young people were arrested for stabbing deaths of 15 -year -old Dau Akueng and 12 -year -old Chol Achiek, west of Melbourne.
Police confirmed that a 19 -year -old Thornhill parking man, a 19 -year -old Caroline Springs man, a 18 -year -old Wollert man, three 16 -year -old boys and a 15 -year -old boy of Melbourne’s northwest suburbs, and on Friday morning after raids on the houses.
Seven young people are currently interviewing by the police.
Dau and Chol were walking home from a basketball match on September 6, and it was allegedly attacked by masked attackers with maca and long -edged weapons in separate streets in Cobblebank to the west of the city.
Registration: AU Breaking News E -Post
At that time, Victoria police Det Insp Graham Banks said that although the duo was not a member, the case was “the distinctive features of the youth gang offense”.
Chol’s father, Chuti Ngong described his son as a “cute” and “peaceful child üzerinde on a watch last week.
“He loved everyone – he loved the whole family, brothers, everyone,” he said.
Terry Koumides, who first met Dau in 2020 with a youth basketball program, described him as a “sweet boy ..
“He contributed, he was benign. He was polite,” he said.
DAU’s basketball coach Manny Hendrix said he had dreams of playing for the NBA.
“Basketball was his life,” he said.
Police said on Friday that “an important investigation” has been continuing to gather all the existing evidence ”since the deaths.
The police also increased patrols in Cobblebank as part of the community assurance efforts and met with schools, councils and community leaders.
The investigation continues. Anyone who is informed is asked to call crime stops at 1800 333 000 or send a secret report online.




